Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Res (And Other Rng Problems And Solutions)

vitkar

I get it. You (DE) like RNG. But the way it is implemented is really bad in some places.

I get that you feel the need that there needs to be some grindy element to the crafting or that making something more rare makes the player receiving it enjoy it more.

BUT it's just painful if you want to build something and after 20-30 runs it still doesn't drop. I'm not even talking about some BP parts, I talk about plain Neurodes/Control Modules and the likes.

You can play for hours and make zero progress if you only need those rare resources. I play alot and in the last 2 days a barely made any progress, players that play less, could be hit by RNG even harder.

----------------

Enough ranting, solution time!

I know you like RNG, so this solution won't involve removing RNG, but simply changing a couple numbers to make farming a better experience.

- Vastly increase drop chances of rare resources, to around 50-80% chance to drop on the appropriate boss (also by the same amount from normal mobs/destructibles)

- Increase the number of required rare resources on the blueprints by the rougly same amount to balance it out

- You could also apply the same method to warframe blueprints, even tho it doesnt fit that well there.

Benefits?

+ More reliable drop rates, which leads to a more predictable drops/run (or drops/time)

+ People that just make a couple runs an evening are almost guaranteed some progress, instead of having (maybe) a coinflip chance

+ Less ranting and rage

Negatives?

- Less super lucky runs

- ?

- You need to change a bit of code/numbers

TLDR: Increase rare res drop rates and rare res requirements of BPs

PS: I think this is the most appropriate subforum to post this in.

PSS: This ties in into the whole "endgame" matter, which currently only consists of farming to trivialize content.

I don't have any problems. For example I got Flow mod 3 times after playing 50 hours and I got every time I killed Hyena control modules.

Yes YOU. I needed around 15 kills of Hyena to get my first control module. Sometime later I got 4 in 5 waves of defense mission. Now I am on 10 hyena kills without CM drop.

And I never saw Flow drop, with 150 hours played. Or rage. Or melee channel. That could also be fixed by increasing drop chances onspecific planets/missions, and eliminating (or vastly reducing chance) them from the others. Then people could actually farm for mods with some direction as is now for some mods on defense missions.

I see no reason not to. I thought they already promised to fix this... Hm.

How? Got a link?

Edited by vitkar

i just want the materials to stop despawning just before i can get to them...! also i agree with the OP also would like to politlly ask that some place be added that we can reliably farm circuits  more then 100 a run especially when we need sooo many for dojo.

Personally I think there should be a form of increasing chance for non-BP materials, such that for each time it fails to drop on a loot roll, its chance increases slightly until it drops, then it is reset back to its starting drop rate, and the cycle repeats.

It eases the RNG without removing it, and should serve as a balance between random loot and being rewarded for spending so much time taking on "that boss"