The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adjustable level cap on who can join your group

Defmoon

Im not a new player but I dont like it when I join a random group and theres a new player or lower level player and Im not sure if they want my help. Im sure this happens to alot of lower level players where a level 18 or 22 joins and kills everything. Some may like it but it could ruin the game for others. I think, every time someone creates a group they then can adjust a level cap on what level's can join. Food for thought,

I can tell you that many low to mid rank players will set the high rank cap to be carried through the mission. I would do that for sure, if i ever need some easy missions.

As for "mr 22 joins and kills everything" means that the mission is either low level, so it can be cheesed with Ember, or the other members of the team had not noticed the mission level, and had not brought the loadouts good enough.

Low to mid mr players can easily farm Ember, build her for [130, 130, 145, 130] and easily cheese many missions on par with others, so the mechanic of limiting the mr cap will either be abused, or used to create elite groups for the sake of elitism. 

3 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

If you're the more experienced player, ask them if they want your help. Limiting matchmaking will just promote elitist thinking.

I dont think so, higher levels like showing off and its usually higher levels saying they will taxi in recruiting. The threads not really about me, asking I's something 99% of players wont do. In certain cases there maybe a time it does encourage elitism like nightmare missions, but it would just make the lower level push harder to get better if they are not able to join high end groups. I think this would do more good then harm. Only right answer is will more people play because of this, I think more will.

@Defmoon There are nice high MR players and there are elitist high MR players. These elitists despise a new player joining their squad and will often bash them for being a "noob". Although this will separate elitists group from other players, it's still bad because it promotes the idea of elitism. "BE MR 20 and you can be part of the cool kids."

Just my thoughts.

11 minutes ago, Defmoon said:

(1)I dont think so, higher levels like showing off and its usually higher levels saying they will taxi in recruiting. The threads not really about me, asking I's something 99% of players wont do. (2)In certain cases there maybe a time it does encourage elitism like nightmare missions, but it would just make the lower level push harder to get better if they are not able to join high end groups. (3)I think this would do more good then harm. (4)Only right answer is will more people play because of this, I think more will.

(1) Of course higher levels like to show off, what is the point of mastery rank system other than showing off? Offering to taxi in recruiting is not a paid job my friend, they get nothing form it, its the offer of help to the ones in need.

(2)Pushing harder to get better is the point of this game, removing that is not wise. (3)It would do more harm than good, matchmaking system is not flawless, I usually wait a long time to find a group, even sometimes for a very popular node. (4) More people will not play, cause this system will limit the amount and diversity in PUGs.

Edited by mobilehacker
fixed missing letters

1 minute ago, mobilehacker said:

Of course higher levels like to show off, what is the point of mastery rank system other than showing off? Offering to taxi in recruiting is not a pid job my friend, they get nothing form it, its the offer of help to the ones in need. Pushing harder to get better is the point of this game, removing that is not wise. It would do more harm than good, matchmaking system is not flawless, I usually wait a long time to find a group, even sometimes for a very popular node. More people will not play, cause this system will limit the amount and diversity in PUGs.

Of course higher levels like to show off, what is the point of mastery rank system other than showing off? - It does show you know about the game and probably have a pretty stout frame with mods. I dont get the point of this question at all,

Pushing harder to get better is the point of this game, removing that is not wise  -  " it would just make the lower level push harder to get better if they are not able to join high end groups "

It would do more harm than good, matchmaking system is not flawless, I usually wait a long time to find a group, even sometimes for a very popular node - Thats why I said " every time someone creates a group they then can adjust a level cap". Every time they create a group they will have to adjust, it wont be set at all times.

This isnt about veteran players, its about new or newer players. People should be able to decide what and when people join their groups. I dont see why people are thinking this is a feature that is going to be turned on at all times.

14 minutes ago, Defmoon said:

f course higher levels like to show off, what is the point of mastery rank system other than showing off? - It does show you know about the game and probably have a pretty stout frame with mods. I dont get the point of this question at all,

Oh, cmon, it shows that you were the one of lucky ones, who is the member of Draco Wintnesses Church. What is the point of level cap? New players should be grateful, when someone is willing to help them do the mission 2x times faster, its the point in any game, when pro is helping the noob to be pro too. As for level cap - I ALREADY experience delays in matchmaking, introducing another method of "filtering" will only worsen the situation for the players, like me.

Edited by mobilehacker
fixed letters again lol

2 hours ago, Defmoon said:

Im not a new player but I dont like it when I join a random group and theres a new player or lower level player and Im not sure if they want my help. Im sure this happens to alot of lower level players where a level 18 or 22 joins and kills everything. Some may like it but it could ruin the game for others. I think, every time someone creates a group they then can adjust a level cap on what level's can join. Food for thought,

And how would you handle that exactly? In which aspect of the game would you apply the word "level"?

Frame Rank they enter the game with? If someone is Mastery Rank 20 they can put 40+ Mod points on Rank 0 Frames and guns and be more effective then everyone else in the team with Rank 30 Frames and weapons, and that is not even accounting for Forma in things.

Do you use MR number? If you do that, then someone with MR22 can still enter a MR22 only mission with Rank 0 weapons and Frames.

Do you use BOTH MR and Level Rank of weapons and Frames? Do you think people with with MR22 would actually get into many games this way? They would just not use it, and the current situation would not change.

I normally try to hold back unless help is needed when there are at least 2 low level players in my squad. They should enjoy the game and should not chasing after me while I one-shot half the map. 

But there is always the chat window where we can ask them what they want.