Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning after a year, couple questions

LordMidnightX

Question

Hello Tenno,

Last I played this game I think Mesa was the newest frame and I didn't really do much in that patch so it has been a while, lots of new frames and weapons of course and new missions and a lot of changes. So instead of scouring the forum for some answers I figured I would make a post and see whats new in the world.

First off, I am sure this is still a farm simulator and I am coming back to be amused and try out the new stuff as well as hopefully find some challenge.

Questions- whats the hardest quest/mission/boss type thing in the game right now besides going for a long time on the endless missions (defense,survival types)?

What is/ is there a most OP frame/guns?

How does vaubans 2 work now (yes I know I could spend a few min in the game to figure it out but I am lazy)?

hows the balance? (aka are most all frames viable to play)

Hows the pvp stuff? I left as they were developing it more

That's about it for now although if you guys think of some changes or things I should know lets chat about it.

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, LordMidnightX said:

Hello Tenno,

Last I played this game I think Mesa was the newest frame and I didn't really do much in that patch so it has been a while, lots of new frames and weapons of course and new missions and a lot of changes. So instead of scouring the forum for some answers I figured I would make a post and see whats new in the world.

First off, I am sure this is still a farm simulator and I am coming back to be amused and try out the new stuff as well as hopefully find some challenge.

Questions- whats the hardest quest/mission/boss type thing in the game right now besides going for a long time on the endless missions (defense,survival types)?

How does vaubans 2 work now (yes I know I could spend a few min in the game to figure it out but I am lazy)?

That's about it for now although if you guys think of some changes or things I should know lets chat about it.

Quick rundown of the frames that've come out since Mesa:

Nova Prime, Chroma, Volt Prime, Ash Prime, Equinox, Atlas, Trinity Prime, Wukong, Ivara, Nezha, Saryn Prime, Inaros, Vauban Prime, Titania, and Nekros Prime.

The hardest mission in Warframe is the one for which you are not prepared.  Underestimating the difficulty of anything will get you killed, but beyond that playing heads-up and with a team that isn't a bunch of vegetables will result in success every time, barring shenanigans, glitches, or disconnections.

As a more direct answer, though, doing a Raid with a squad full of people who've never done raid never ends well, nor does doing the Sortie with someone who brought the wrong gear.

The most overpowered frame is probably still Trinity (Prime), but if you build them properly, they're all overpowered in the right situation (some in more situations than others).  Most overpowered weapons are again situational, but the Tigris Prime/Sancti Tigris have more base damage than any other weapon, period.  As far as secondaries it all depends on what your style is, but melee weapons is a tie between Covert Lethality plus some good stealthing and critical builds on the Galatine Prime or War.

Vauban's second is called Minelayer now, and it has several modes, like Ivara's first ability, Quiver.  You can choose between Bounce, Trip Laser, Shred, and Concussion grenades, tapping to switch and holding to throw (you can invert that control in Settings).  Fore more detailed information, consult the wiki page for Minelayer.

Balance has actually greatly improved as of late.  With the most recent Trinity nerf making Blessing Trin obsolete (FINALLY - sorry, I'm an EV main) and the enemy scaling finally getting adjusted, things are much more fair for everyone involved, except Mag.  In reworking her, they nerfed her into the ground.  Sure, she still scales, but not even remotely close to the factor by which she used to, drawing ire from her playerbase.

PvP has gotten much better, with matchmaking based on your Conclave rank (don't hit rank 3 without getting all them mods or you'll be vastly outclassed and you'll start to hate yourself).  With the addition of new maps in all modes and the creation of Lunaro (basically a combination of Grifball and Lacrosse) has made for some excellent Conclave matches.

As for other things to do, you need to do the Natah Quest.  Go to Uranus and use a Codex or Synthesis Scanner the Drones that may appear (sabotages seem to spawn them most often).  The drones are blue, glow, and completely indestructible.  After you scan one, the Lotus will ask you what you saw, and upon scanning three separate drones, you'll get the quest.  You'll likely need help for the last two missions (a survival and a defense - "Stop Tyl Regor") due simply to the spread of the map.  Once that's complete, finish the Second Dream to unlock the Focus system and get a massive lore dump that very few of us saw coming.

Once you finish the Second Dream, you'll be ready for the War Within.

Have fun and be safe, Tenno.

So I can provide a couple answers to this, but I don't play Vauban nor do I pvp.

The difficulty at the moment has been greatly reduced. With the introduction of the relic system there is no longer any reason to do endless missions. Any time spent past the fourth reward is a waste of reward to time efficiency. So other than that the greatest challenge is still Sorties and Trials.

Because of this most content can be done with whatever group you happen to get with the PUG system.

As far as OP frames go there will always be some better than others. If you're talking straight damage you're looking at Banshee, Mesa, and Saryn. Tonkor was nerfed, but still out performs other primaries. Galatine Prime is now best in slot melee.

Funny... I started playing when Mesa was released xD It's nearing 2 years now.

Can't really say I find any difficulty in regular missions but the hardest for me are the Jordas Verdict raid and the Corpus Survival on sortie with the Eximus Stronghold modifier.

No OP frame, there's quite a lot of fun frames released since and new augments too.

A lot of good guns. I don't know why the hell anyone would care if they're using OP or not but if you MUST know then try the syndicate primaries. Melee-wise, we've been getting a lot of heavies recently so feel free to try Galatine Prime, War, new Jat Kittag augment and Fragor Prime. Nikana Prime, dual kamas prime and Lesion are also very nice but keep in mind we'll be getting syndicate melees in one of the soon to come patches.

Vauban's 2 works on a new "toolbox" mechanic. You tap the ability key to switch what kind of mine you want to have and hold the key to throw it. From your options menu there's an option to swap those so you hold the button to switch and tap to throw. I find that more convenient on Vauban.

All frames are viable but we're awaiting a Limbo rework and other not so used frames like Zephyr and Hydroid haven't been looked at yet for potential rework.

They made pvp have different stats so weapons and frames ahve their own unique to pvp stats. Also a non-killing mode that's like a sport called Lunaro was introduced.

As for general changes, there's loads of stuff like new tilesets, satrchart, fusion system, relics, focus (if you do your quests). As well as frame reworks like excal, mag, saryn, nekros and maybe others I can't name off the top of my head. There's also the void trader and relays. Overall too much stuff to talk over. I suggest you play through and learn anew, it'll be like experiencing a new game alltogether.

9 minutes ago, LordMidnightX said:

Hello Tenno,

Void grind has arguably been reduced, there's a new system in place for it. If you care about it, Archwing grind has been also significantly reduced since you can get the parts through syndicates and trade them. So at least there the farm is lower.

Sorties; high level enemies with mutators to increase the difficulty, i.e. sniper only, increased armor, elemental resistance, radiation zones. Decent enough rewards behind them as well. Missions and faction changes every day, may keep you entertained for a bit.

They just released tigris and galatine prime, I guess. Synoid simulor deletes whole rooms and is still stupid. Mesa is no longer OP. Look at any of the Syndicate primaries, they're all pretty strong, especially the Synoid Simulor, Sancti Tigris, and Vaykor Hek.

breh

Couldn't tell you since I think they all are but some people will probably say not; lot of frames have received buffs/overhauls, perhaps Oberon needs a bit of tweaking. Mag is good for more than just the Corpus now.

Try out Lunaro, it's a sport PvP mode but it's pretty decent. They've made a lot of small balance changes to regular PvP over time, but I haven't played it in a while so I couldn't tell you how good it is right now.

PLAY THE SECOND DREAM QUEST.