Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus MOA's

skypatrol250

The blue moas are okay but the yellow ones tend spam you with their knock over ability. Did this one mission today where 5 minutes into the mission Lotus decides to change the objective, then FOUR yellow moas appear at once and start spamming their attack. So ok, I die, revive, take two out with the slash ability and guess what, there's four of them again. Hasn't happened often but when they appear the game tends to overspawn them. Granted, I'm still lvl 11 but still, they do seem OP compared to anything else in the game.

My experience of it is this : the blue ones cut through my shield and health rather quickly, but they also die really quckly themselves. Fighting a large group of them is pretty annoying, and add an orange or two or seven into the mix and it turns kinda ugly pretty fast.

They're not op, they're fine as they are. The same was said about the Ancient Disruptors that take away all your energy and shields. I didn't agree on them being op either. yes 1 or 2 is easy and more of them is getting difficult but hey, it's good to have a bit of a challenge and that's why i like random spawn systems.

And you can dodge the attacks :)

Edited by ProjectOne

Remember that you can jump the shockwaves. If they catch you by surprise you're outta luck, but otherwise it's a fun challenge.

The shockwave itself is fine, it's when there are multiple moas spamming it. I'd be ok with multiple, more powerful moa without the shockwave (maybe already in the game?) but the yellow ones that spam it are annoying. Especially when you get out of an elevator and there's nowhere to go.

Personally i like the randomness of the spawns. Sometimes a mission goes really smooth no big deal and then when i do the mission again i find 5 moa's on me stomping me all over the place. I can see why people find it annoying because, yeah you don't want to die but you can't just make everything too easy as for some the game itself is already easy enough.

I was going through venus to get to earth to farm the materials for the axe, and there were dozens of these MOA's everywhere I went. I must have died at least 5 times, it was getting ridiculous. Most of the time where I got frustrated was where I would get to the reactor and all of a sudden at lesat 4 or 5 MOA's would come out of evry door and rush me. I couldn't even run away to survive, because I was stuck. Maybe that's just a combat issue, It was very annoying.

Making the game challenging is fine but randomly spawning them and having them spam that attack is really frustrating, especially since there's pretty much nothing you can do except run for cover (or use your ultimate I guess, haven't tried that yet). But then you can't run for cover, cause they're spamming shockwaves (sometimes that combines with laser doors, very annoying).

Edited by Starbarian

I was going through venus to get to earth to farm the materials for the axe, and there were dozens of these MOA's everywhere I went. I must have died at least 5 times, it was getting ridiculous. Most of the time where I got frustrated was where I would get to the reactor and all of a sudden at lesat 4 or 5 MOA's would come out of evry door and rush me. I couldn't even run away to survive, because I was stuck. Maybe that's just a combat issue, It was very annoying.

Off-topic: If you're farming Rubedo, do Lua or Eurasia - both levels are primarily filled with infested, which not only spawn numerously, but also die relatively quickly (except for ancients, but I'd rather have a couple ancients than ~10 moa + shield ospreys + mine ospreys). The more kills, higher chance of Rubedo drop, making those really efficient levels for it.

On-topic: Moas are fine, but painful. If you're on Pluto you should expect to lose shields quickly, as they chew shields up at an alarming rate. Pretty sure it'd happen if there were Grineer enemies at the same level as well, though, so I don't think Moas themselves are the problem.. Shockwave Moas are pretty annoying in groups at 15-20 levels above the character, because they take a while to kill, so they can do their knockdown shockwave thing, either forcing you to the ground, or forcing you to avoid it, which could put you in a bad position as well.

Challenge is a good thing, but insurmountable odds are bad, or thinking "Gee if only I brought my Excalibur I would have no problem with this" is a sad feeling, so don't let it happen to you. As it stands now, some frames and weapons with certain specific mods are simply better for endgame content to the point where others are nigh-useless. This will be tuned and tweaked until more options exist for players to succeed with other equipment.

Moas shouldn't be nerfed too hard if at all - other aspects of our playing should be modified to give us more ways to deal with them. Granted, Excal pressing 1 and holding his mouse in their general direction is probably the best way to deal with them until they're level ~40+ and don't die in one slash dash.

I never have problem with Yellow Moa, that one is so easy to deal with.

Mini moas on the other hand is a problem when 6-7 of them decide to spawn right behind you and take out all your health with Gorgon firerate lazor.

But they ussually have to eat my Rhino charge afterward for using &#! tactic, so I guess they are fine too...

Edit: only one thing I don't really like about this game is enemies are too accurate (bullet either travel at light speed or curve after you)

Edited by Redler