Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons for Desecrate Nekros?

Dhansak

Question

I've never played Nekros before but he should finally be ready in the foundry tomorrow morning :)  I was never really interested in him before as the desecrate mechanic seemed a bit one-dimensional, but after the rework he looks like a lot a fun to play.

So from that perspective, I have checked the wiki to see which ranged weapons can split enemies into multiple parts on a kill and it lists:

AkJagara, Braton Prime, Flux Rifle, Kohm, Miter, Panthera, Tigris, Azima, Pyrana, Vastos,  Latos and Kohmak.

Does this seem pretty up to date to you? Are there any you find to be a particularly good synergy with Nekros?

Similar question for melee weapons. Will simply sorting melee weapons on the wiki by slash give me a good idea of which ones slice and dice? What threshold would sort out which ones do the job - say anything above 70? Or is slice and dice not determined on just the slash damage statistic?

Thanks as always for your help :)

7 answers to this question

It doesn't matter what dmg or stat they have, as long as their main dmg is slash they'll cut enemies. Personally i use braton prime, it's an all-around good rifle. I have the pyrana for secondary which is a shotgun and a lot of fun to play with, as for melee, you can get what you like, 85% of melees are slash based imo 

Kohm, Tigris, Braton/Prime

Twin/Kohmak, AkJagara

Galatine/Prime, Scindo/Prime, Prisma/Dual Cleavers

And others mentioned above

Stated weapons on my end can go mid-early late game (~lv60 enemies) with the proper mods (as usual).

As stated by many, Slash-based weapons will get the job pretty well done.

From your list, I'd say Braton Prime / Tigris (Prime) / Azima / Vasto are some of the good choices to go with.

For melee, just run with your most used melee, won't make much difference between various choices (of course Slash-based is still preferred).

Just for your reference, I run my Nekros P with : Burston P (with Hexis augment) + Pox + Dakra P.

Others have already explained why Slash damage is the way to go. I'll just list the ones I use.

Sancti Tigris - the syndicate proc really helps if you run Despoil.

Azima - for lower levels the alt-fire just shreds anything nearby.

Orthos Prime - even if I only use Reach, it just shreds most enemies. It can 1-3 hit enemies until the 60-80s range.