Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returned to WF After Year, What's this Relic?

DeathR34PER

Question

Okay, technically, not entire year, but I just got back onto Warframe and I'm seeing way to many things, and there's a lot of things I do like, but some I don't ever like. One of them are these Void Relics. I got the Segment of it installed, but I dunno the use of it.

Not only that, but every time I would try to join a group, they always tell me to carry these "Radiant" Relics and I don't have these "Radiant" Relics; or to carry some kind of Relics. I know these are Tower key replacements, but this is too confusing for me and I cannot find a group that I can join without realizing what these Relics are and why do I always need to equipment, even though there's an option saying "Go without one."

TL;DR - Do I always need to carry a specific relic and/or needs to be Radiant as always? And why every group I look for or trying to join must always want you to have Radiant?

9 answers to this question

Thank you guys for helping me out on this.

And also, I did read some about on Wikia, still really doesn't explain in much common sense about players always wanting me to go and get Radiant, then join the group... And if rarity is a thing, then I understand.(Not being rude or anything)

Alright, so you understand the first part that these relics are the new tower keys, I'll try to explain the rest the best I can.

Alright, I'll start with answering one of the bigger questions of your post, then fill in the blanks after that. Radiant relics are a "tier" of a relic that you have enhanced from the base version using void traces at the station in your ship; each tier makes the uncommon and rare drops more likely to drop, hence why "radiant" is the most commonly asked for teir.  You can run fissure missions without a refined relic, but you will need to equip one in order to collect Void Traces to refine the relics you're interested in; void traces do not drop if you don't have a relic equiped.

Now for everything else (I'll try to keep this as simple as I can). Basically, starting off you will want to find a fissure mission; Lith = T1, Meso = T2, Neo = T3 and Axi = T4. If you are going to want to make a relic Radiant I would recommend running either Lith or Meso relics at their "intact" stage (nothing done to them at the station). Equip the relic before you run the mission. During the mission you'll see corrupted enemies and some of them will drop "Reactant" (it'll have a orange pillar coming off of it, it'll be hard to miss). Pick up 10 of this during the mission (there will be a counter on the side). You should pick it up like normal loot, just might need to stand on it for a second or two as the detection on it is a bit buggy. Once you pick up ten reactant your relic will crack and you will recieve a number of Void Traces (The number can vary. I've gotten as low as 8 to as many as 25, all with a Smeeta Kavat). Anyway, complete the mission as normal and collect whatever prize you like from the squad (if you ran with one). Repeat this process until you have collected 100 void traces and you can then spend them to refine a relic to a "radiant" state.

One final note: You can see the drop chances for the items of the relic by looking at how full the white bar in next to the item when view a relic. Hope this cleared up your confusion a little bit, and let me know if you need anything defined more.

Basically, you take a relic into a void fissure:

• When in the void fissure, you collect reactant. It shows your progress like any other mission in the top-left w/ a progress circle.
  • Once you collect the reactant, you complete the mission and it gives you a RNG prime item based on the relic.
    • You refine relics with void traces to increase/decrease your chance at a specific item.
      • Void traces are earned by running fissures.
    • If you have more than one person running a relic, it will display more than one item for you to choose from.
      • If you don't like your item from your relic table, but like the relic from the other person's table. You can get the same one as your partner as well (vice versa).
      • Obviously, if the other person(s) run the same relic as you, you get more of a chance at what you want to get specifically.

In order to refine, you need the Void Relic Segment:

• Complete Mars Junction.
  • Install onto ship.
  • View possible loot tables as well as changes in RNG based on refinements.
  • This is how you actually obtain the Radiant version with the void traces.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by ReverseEffect

Thank you guys again, for giving me more information, and this sounds a lot more promising and sounds easier to get through with these Fissures for Prime Parts now. Guess I'll be trying my best to get as much Fissure as possible then since I'm already missing out way too many on new Prime Warframes and Weapons.

@Ninjahunter8020 Thank you for giving much more better explanations on these Tiers, it's kinda odd for me to rethink all these now for "Tower #" but seems like if there must be changes going on to make it easier, then I'm going have to refresh my mind up.