Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixed!

lightdragon64

Question

alright so i went into my settings recently and noticed that i could not enable runtime tesselation nor nvidia PhysX

here is the strange thing as well, i'm sure that at the very least physx was working very recently... recent as last week when i last noticed it.

I have a GTX 1080 with the geforce experience installed, and i update the drivers whenever they become avaliable.

and my directx i believe is currently updated to 12, however i don't know if this is the reason i can't run tesselation, as it wants directx 11. (all be it i don't think that should really matter)

my geforce drivers are fully up to date, and directx is as well...

i may have hit something in my nvidia control panel by accident, but i do have it to where the physx use my GTX 1080 in the configure surround and physx section of 3d settings... and i think that everything in the manage 3d settings tab is on default with the acception of ambient occulation which is set to quality.

any ideas?

*note, may fall asleep here... so if i don't reply quickly that's probably why...

-currently i am trying to verify, and optimise the download cache... if that dosen't work i'll try doing a clean install of the game.[

dosen't seem to be working... probably going to try a clean install here soon

PROBLEM FIXED!!!

so i had sweetfx installed, it turns out that when this is on it causes the game to be unable to run both runtime tesselation and PhysX.

i have completely removed them from my game files and both runtime and PhysX are fully functional again.

Edited by lightdragon64

2 answers to this question

Just now, Dualstar said:

I dont know about runtime tesselation, but PhysX was phased out in favour of a less demanding particle FX for AMD users and consoles..

the strange thing is that i know the effects were working just last week... so i'm pretty sure that they have the option to get it enabled if you have a good enough graphics card and drivers to boot.