Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potatoes Broken?

NoxHender

Since some updates ago, our devs "fixed" the alert sistem for to up less catalizer/reactor..

I think they fixed it so well fixed... no one more potato have been see in weeks, and lots of 2000 cr alerts

Maybe we can find a mid point?

Already a forum for this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/69676-a-thoughtful-journey-into-the-effects-of-randomized-number-generation/

Here's a DEV post on that.

[...]

The facts and posts from prior threads:

"The implications of lying and removal are false. Fostering this speculation is very negative. However, data posted seems to support the speculation, but the same could be said for everything else in the pool. Jaw Sword famine (last was June 12 I believe), Nyx helmet famine, etc. The key difference is the value of the items to the average player, of course.

What we have (and have posted here: https://forums.warfr...ity-hot-topics/ and here https://forums.warfr...ity-hot-topics/) is a diluted pool. Users hope for X (the valuable potato), but due to dilution, the random chance is in competition with shared items.

An identical issues was present for Void Keys, Rare Mods, etc, in defense rewards - we made significant changes to this.

Positive changes will also happen to the Alert System distribution to fix the effects of the ever-growing pool of rewards.

This thread is being locked, if one wishes to contribute to existing Alert System suggestion threads, or create their own, feel free!"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/69476-the-potato-famine/?p=742308

Credit rewards scale with mission difficulty, 2k cred alerts usually give 6.6k upon completion..

EDIT: Call me optimistic, but I'm sure they'd put it in changelog if a change this big occurs.

Something like "Orokin Catalyst and Orokin Reactor removed from Alerts reward table" or "Potato BPs moved into a brand new higher-than-rare pool on the Alert table, alongside the Dark Sword BP"

Edited by Shion963

Thak you very much for the info

And 2k (or 6k) alert is laughtable, is like go to kill a boss and obtain nanospores from the drop!

I undestand now we have a huge pool of "tings" to reward a ? Alert ... maybe dark sword / dark dagger... things like this could be droped from any boss?

Edited by NoxHender

No potatoes in 4 weeks is really shady, especially considering nothing was in the changelog and no DE rep has said anything about it, when they easily could. Especially considering potatoes are probably their biggest cash crop outside of founder's packages. Artificial scarcity is absurdly common  in P2W games where the devs decide money is more important than good design.

they don's actually mean 2000cr they give the players a lot more credits.  

While I agree with that I've noticed alerts over 8000 credits (~12k actually) are more rare than before. Of course this could be just my impression.

No potatoes in 4 weeks is really shady, especially considering nothing was in the changelog and no DE rep has said anything about it, when they easily could. Especially considering potatoes are probably their biggest cash crop outside of founder's packages. Artificial scarcity is absurdly common  in P2W games where the devs decide money is more important than good design.

Eh it's just an abnormality, if you think about how many things are in their reward lists and their odds, you'd be surprised to ever see potatoes, lol.

I'd be incredibly surprised if we see another potato alert until after some patch that might never happen. The potato famine is due to changes they've made whether deliberate or not.

"jaw sword famine" lol that's only 2 weeks, less than half the length of the potato famine, and orokin reactors/catalysts are 2 different items so you should be more likely to see at least one of them. There is nothing to compare it to they're just making up excuses.

Edited by Mikki79