Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Europa Assassination

GankhisKhan

Question

So, as a new player. I've been able to beat every assassination mission solo.
Until I reach the raptor phase. I literally do no damage to the raptor, regardless of doing impact/puncture damage.

Everywhere I look, I get people saying "Oh get X warframe" or "get Y weapon" and just do an OP build that I don't have access to, due to the fact that most parts required are further in the game that I have locked behind the Europa Assassination mission where Raptor 1 shots me and I do 20 damage to it's shields per hit. (Total of 600.. I'd have to hit it 30 times but it usually kills me/recharges it's shields within that time.)

Even with a group (I asked for help) they managed to kill it, but couldn't drop the bomb into the areas.

What do I do? I'm stuck at a point in the game where I cannot progress. Any help? Tips? Something what a new player can do?

9 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, GankhisKhan said:

So, as a new player. I've been able to beat every assassination mission solo.
Until I reach the raptor phase. I literally do no damage to the raptor, regardless of doing impact/puncture damage.

Everywhere I look, I get people saying "Oh get X warframe" or "get Y weapon" and just do an OP build that I don't have access to, due to the fact that most parts required are further in the game that I have locked behind the Europa Assassination mission where Raptor 1 shots me and I do 20 damage to it's shields per hit. (Total of 600.. I'd have to hit it 30 times but it usually kills me/recharges it's shields within that time.)

Even with a group (I asked for help) they managed to kill it, but couldn't drop the bomb into the areas.

What do I do? I'm stuck at a point in the game where I cannot progress. Any help? Tips? Something what a new player can do?

Europa boss isn't mandatory to progress, same as earth. Therefore they are harder. Also... eventually bosses get harder ingames to begin with? Press F to drop bomb i recall.

Edited by ScorpioneITA

Killing the Raptors IS mandatory to progress, actually. They are a requirement for the Saturn junction.

Anyhow. The general gimmick of the fight is that you kill a raptor, grab a bomb, and drop it down the chute by pressing the weapon swap button/key. As a boss, it has armor, which means its damage resistances differ from most enemies of the Corpus faction and it has a somewhat significant amount of damage reduction from it. But you're talking about doing very low damage to shields, and shields don't benefit from armor. So I'm not sure what's up with that. it's possible that the Raptors have obnoxious body part multipliers? But for the Raptor's yellow health bar itself, I'm pretty sure Radiation is the best type of raw damage (unless you're going to rely on a number of Corrosive procs to reduce its armor to 0, or are in a squad with four corrosive projection auras)

I've certainly noticed hitting for 0's sometimes, but the raptors are a bit spastic and my last fight involved a bow that fired like a shotgun, so it was difficult to tell where was or wasn't a valid part of them to shoot.

Edited by OvisCaedo

14 minutes ago, ScorpioneITA said:

Europa boss isn't mandatory to progress, same as earth. Therefore they are harder. Also... eventually bosses get harder ingames to begin with? Press F to drop bomb i recall.

Yup I used F. and X. Group members did also. The bomb wouldn't drop.

But it is mandatory to get to Saturn.

10 minutes ago, Rapiddragon said:

You just need to prepare yourself with good weapons before you go. Like all other games, enemy will get stronger and you need to be prepared well before facing stronger enemy. Do some prime parts or mod farming.

I absolutely agree. That's why I like playing this game. Unfortunately, most parts/materials I require are unlocked further in places like Saturn/Neptune etc. 

So I am trying to get Frost since it is one of the warframes I can farm (Lt Lech Kril) But I'm not sure how I will do against the raptors.

8 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Killing the Raptors IS mandatory to progress, actually. They are a requirement for the Saturn junction.

Anyhow. The general gimmick of the fight is that you kill a raptor, grab a bomb, and drop it down the chute by pressing the weapon swap button/key. As a boss, it has armor, which means its damage resistances differ from most enemies of the Corpus faction and it has a somewhat significant amount of damage reduction from it. But you're talking about doing very low damage to shields, and shields don't benefit from armor. So I'm not sure what's up with that. it's possible that the Raptors have obnoxious body part multipliers? But for the Raptor's yellow health bar itself, I'm pretty sure Radiation is the best type of raw damage (unless you're going to rely on a number of Corrosive procs to reduce its armor to 0, or are in a squad with four corrosive projection auras)

I've certainly noticed hitting for 0's sometimes, but the raptors are a bit spastic and my last fight involved a bow that fired like a shotgun, so it was difficult to tell where was or wasn't a valid part of them to shoot.

I really appreciate the information! From what I notice the wings are needed to be hit for the shields, then the body for the health bar (Yellow bar). I've read the wiki Magnetic is good against the protoshield + Impact. But the the magnetic is weak against the alloy armor.  Radiation appears to be the best option since it has no negative effects against the raptor. But I could be wrong? 

11 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

get a good team and improve your mods. You'll get there, just have faith.

I had a great team. I unfortunately did no damage. They got frustrated with that and left, they also couldn't drop the bombs fast enough and the raptor missiles 1 shot everyone.

It takes a moment to get it. The Raptors almost never miss and they hit hard. I suggest you to move around more. Here are some more tips:

Wukong can absorb the damage and do the mission easily. I think you don't have him so I recommand Rhino instead as he's tanky enough and unlike Valkyr he's not limited to melee with his abilities.
I already said it, but it can be very helpful in this fight and in the end game later on: move around, be mobile and fast, learn how to parkour like a pro. It takes practice and time and it's not easy for new players, but you will thank me later.
People suggested you to take some spesific weapons and make a good build with mods you don't have, I say differently: choose a spesific "class" of weapons, like shotguns, rifles or bows. I recommand shotguns for the Raptor fight because of the spread, it makes it easier to hit them. If it's not your cup of tea, I suggest automatic rifles.
As for builds and modding, I recommand learning. Try to make the best out of your weapons with what you have. I think at this point you have all the basic mods. For example: you have a weapon with high critical chance (usually 20% or more), add more critical chance and critical damage. Elemental combos: Radiation+Toxin against Grineer, Magnetic+Toxin against Coprus, Corrosive+Heat against Infested/Corrupted.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

9 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

It takes a moment to get it. The Raptors almost never miss and they hit hard. I suggest you to move around more. Here are some more tips:

Wukong can absorb the damage and do the mission easily. I think you don't have him so I recommand Rhino instead as he's tanky enough and unlike Valkyr he's not limited to melee with his abilities.
I already said it, but it can be very helpful in this fight and in the end game later on: move around, be mobile and fast, learn how to parkour like a pro. It takes practice and time and it's not easy for new players, but you will thank me later.
People suggested you to take some spesific weapons and make a good build with mods you don't have, I say differently: choose a spesific "class" of weapons, like shotguns, rifles or bows. I recommand shotguns for the Raptor fight because of the spread, it makes it easier to hit them. If it's not your cup of tea, I suggest automatic rifles.
As for builds and modding, I recommand learning. Try to make the best out of your weapons with what you have. I think at this point you have all the basic mods. For example: you have a weapon with high critical chance (usually 20% or more), add more critical chance and critical damage. Elemental combos: Radiation+Toxin against Grineer, Magnetic+Toxin against Coprus, Corrosive+Heat against Infested/Corrupted.

I really appreciate the tips!
Very helpful. 
I have gotten a lot better with running + gunning. Unfortunately though, in a team if I have to revive I'm standing still (then I die).

I used a rifle. But not much damage output. 

Now this will sound really stupid but how do elemental mods work? If I add a mod (Let's say +15% Toxin) will it do toxin damage? Or what?

Damage from elemental mods is in addition to the weapon's normal damage. It's based off of the final base damage, meaning that the base damage mods (Serration, hornet strike, point blank, pressure point) ALSO increase the elemental damage you get from adding on elemental mods.

I personally don't really tend to bother with magnetic damage against Corpus, but with less powerful equipment it might be harder to just brute force through shields with any damage type.

Edited by OvisCaedo

8 hours ago, GankhisKhan said:

I really appreciate the tips!
Very helpful. 
I have gotten a lot better with running + gunning. Unfortunately though, in a team if I have to revive I'm standing still (then I die).

I used a rifle. But not much damage output. 

Now this will sound really stupid but how do elemental mods work? If I add a mod (Let's say +15% Toxin) will it do toxin damage? Or what?

Elemental mods add a damage type to your weapons and I'm pretty sure scale with the base damage (meaning that adding 90% toxin for example to a weapon with 100 base damage will add +90 toxin damage). These mods also affested by damage mods like Serration and multyshot mods like Split Chamber (which also increase the status chance).

There are 4 types of elemental damage mods known as "primery elemental mods": Heat, Cold, Electric and Toxin. Each have a different status proc. There are also secendery elemental damage which created by combining two of the primery elemental mods. To get these combos, you need to place your mods in order from top left to buttom right.

Here is the list:
Primery elemental damage:
Heat - affected enemies take damage over time and stunned for a second or two.
Cold - Slows enemies dawn.
Electric - Stuns enemies for a few seconds.
Toxin - Enemies take damage over time.
Secondery elemental combos:
Corrosive - combining Toxin+Electric - reduce armor by 50%.
Magnetic - combining Cold+Electric - removes shield (energy as well from warframes).
Radiantion - combining Heat+Electric - confuse enemies and make them shoot each other (friendly fire is off).
Viral - combining Cold+Toxin - reduse health by 50%.
Blast - combining Cold+Heat - knock dwon enemies.
Gass - combining Heat+Toxin - create clouds of gass that enemies inside take toxin damage, infested enemies take +75% damage.

Weapons with high status chance (about 20%-25%) have better chances to proc these effects.