Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xp System Could Use A Little Work.

Xylia

So, I have a Level 24 Skana I've really been wanting to get done with so I can finally sell it and free up a slot, since it is tied with the Machete (which has pretty much the same stats) as being hands-down worst melee weapon in the game.

I can't really see any actual way of leveling this thing.

If I go to Mercury, Venus or Saturn and use it to slaughter a whole missionfull of enemies, I get maybe 1-2k XP on it, which barely budges the meter towards the next level. Said mission takes a long, long time to do because the thing does that crappy damage.

If I go solo and use my gun, my Skana gets 0 XP.

If I join a group and use the Skana, I feel like I'm gimping myself and not contributing more to the group because I'm knowingly and purposefully taking a gimp weapon which only reduces my damage output, so I feel guilty doing that.

But yet, groups are the only way I'm ever going to get the stinking thing to 30.

So.... a few questions...

1). Why do you get XP on all weapons when a teammate gets a kill, but yet you don't when you kill something yourself?

2). Why do Lower-Level Missions give such crappy XP even when you murder everything in the mission with the same weapon?

3). How do you guys actually expect me to level up one of THE weakest weapons in the game?

Here's a few proposals of mine:

1). Whenever you kill something, 100% of the Affinity should go to the weapon you killed it with, and 50% go to all other weapons and Warframe XP remains the same as it is now.

2). Whenever a teammate kills something, you get flat out 50% Affinity towards everything.

That way, I WOULD eventually get that stupid Skana leveled without having to hack through everything with what is a glorified butter knife for 500 missions before it is finally Level 30, or ask a friend to murder everything in the mission while I stand there and watch so I get "Bleed XP" on all my stuff, which is an absolute lame way to level something.

Also....

3). Affinity Orbs should give 100XP to everything you have on you, including your weapons. I certainly find enough of the stupid things.

do infested missions and if you have one use excalibur. slash dash gives exp to the melee wep you have equipped.

melee weps in general are slower than most but its not that terrible. take it easy and know its gona be a while. if you want it dont NOW its going feel like forever no matter how long it takes.

when your feeling stressed over it just do something. really know its own the leveling system in this game isnt that bad. but if you rush it everything feels horrible. you are kinda putting yourself in that situation.

i leveled every melee wep to 30 cept for the dojo one. and i took the opportunity to do something else, like farm mats. that way it didnt bother me as much.

I agree. The XP system is in dire need of a second look, and your changes seem like good ones. I also think enemies need to be rebalanced in terms of the XP they give.

Esp Corpus Techs.

It is like...

"Hello, I am ten times stronger than a crewman, my gun hurts three times as much, and I can deploy an infinite number of shield ospreys. Oh, and have fun with that measly 69 affinity when you finally kill me; you'll wish you had faced a Crewman instead because he'd give you the same with far less hassle"

And.....

Wait, Slash Dash gives Weapon XP? Are you sure about that? I was using my lowbie Excalibur Prime on Saturn and I very much was spamming Slash Dash because I was also trying to level a Bolto at the same time and well... 5+ runners/chargers/leapers at once doesn't work very well with a pistol lol.

I didn't think to actually look at whether or not I got any XP on my Skana, I just assumed that I would not.

I'll pay attention next time I do a Saturn mission.

Oh, and the guy suggesting I do Mobile Defense..... uh yeah.

Did you read the part about how I didn't want to bring a gimp weapon to a group? lol. I hate doing crap like that. When I'm in a group, I want to bring something reasonable, not drag the whole group down unless I know for certain before going in that we can handle it, and/or they don't mind.

I will admit though, that Saturn Infestation..... no Disruptors are there and that one I did earlier gave a whopping 15k Warframe XP from a Raid mission. lol. That was just crazy.

Oh, and an Orokin Cell dropped too. That was just awesome. Need to do more of those.

Edited by Xylia

Warframes are really easy to level up and whenever I group up people clear rooms with their powers and all that xp goes to something I don't need it in.  I would like it if at least rank 30 things bled excess affinity into other things

Warframes are really easy to level up and whenever I group up people clear rooms with their powers and all that xp goes to something I don't need it in.  I would like it if at least rank 30 things bled excess affinity into other things

Another awesome suggestion. I hate wasted XP, especially Warframe XP, because Warframes take a lot of work, it isn't too uncommon to have all of your 'frames on 30 and still be leveling weapons since there's so stinking many weapons and sometimes the right Blueprints do NOT want to drop, at all.

My original Excalibur was 30 for a long, long time before all the Rhino pieces FINALLY dropped, and my Rhino was 30 a good amount of time before I completed Ember.

Now I have two low-level frames (Excalibur Prime is now 11, Trinity is like 5 I believe) and I am 1 part short on three more (Banshee Helmet, Frost Prime Helmet, Frost Systems) and I've like 1 piece of Ash and Loki. But it is mainly trying to get stupid Control Modules which do not want to drop for me, at all.

Anyways, I digress... lol.

Warframe XP bleeding into Weapon XP when they're Lv30 would be freaking awesome. Even if it were JUST the Affinity Orbs, because you find a ton of the things. Having Affinity Orbs giving XP to weapons instead of Warframes if the Warframe is 30 would be awesome too.

Update:

I can confirm that Slash Dash does not, in fact, give Melee Weapon XP.

I tested this solo on 3 missions, not using the Skana at all and making sure to kill several enemies with Slash Dash.

0 XP on the Skana at the end of the mission, all 3 times.