Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shots getting blocked by teammates.

ProjectOne

Hello Warframe community!

I didn't found any topic about this, if there is i'm sorry for creating another one and not searching well enough.

The problem:

I play this game for a week of 3 now really like it, having alot of fun.

Problem being is when i'm with 4 people in a small corridor or room or even a boss-fight there are people shooting and there are people in melee combat. The problem for the people that are shooting is that, your shots will get blocked by the people that are in melee most of the time. And in really hectic situations you will never hit your target. For me personally i find it sometimes annoying because you're basicly wasting ammo at this point. So what i like to see is that the bullets actually travel through your teammembers and not getting blockek by them. So you won't be in a dissadvantage from being with 4 people and you like to ''pew-pew'' everything. Let me know what you think about this guys.

Greets,

ProjectOne.

If you didn't block shots, then anyone making melee hits would find it almost impossible to get a kill.

Honeslty, I hardly ever have my shots blocked, if someone is meleeing something, let them and find another target. If it's a boss, they're generally large nough to headshot over the character model anyway.

I agree on that part that if you're melee you'll get less kills in that way but, the fact is that some targets are really small and if you have 2 people in melee if not 3, you'll never hit any target when you're shooting. It has 2 sides to this because people can 1 hit in melee and some guns can 1 hit. But the blocking will always be a hassle.

It would be bad if youcould shoot through teamates because then there would be many KS's and it would make the game too easy.

E.G: Rhino draws the fire while everybody else shoots through him.

If you want to shoot through walls and teamates you should get puncture.

What Dexter96 says, let one or two guys tank and block while the others just spam automatic fire through them without any danger as it's just like they would sit behind a solid wall. A simple thing as letting projectiles pass through allies could realy offset the balance a lot.

Of course the devs could go the route of reduced damage if firing through teammates, or added spread, or both. There's quiet some options that might make it a viable option without making it an overpowered PvE tactic, but complete pass through of the weapons would break the game for teamplay in my opinion.

It would be bad if youcould shoot through teamates because then there would be many KS's and it would make the game too easy.

E.G: Rhino draws the fire while everybody else shoots through him.

If you want to shoot through walls and teamates you should get puncture.

But there are already many KS's in this game. so i can't see why that would be a problem. in a 4 player team you can expect that you won't kill everything or even if you see something it can be killed by someone else even when you are actually shooting the target. It isn't a bad idea to maybe put a damage penalty on the shots that go through others.

Edit: and to counter the ''Rhino block'' let the enemies have a penetration chance on their shots so they also fire through targets.

Edited by ProjectOne

I agree on that part that if you're melee you'll get less kills in that way but, the fact is that some targets are really small and if you have 2 people in melee if not 3, you'll never hit any target when you're shooting. It has 2 sides to this because people can 1 hit in melee and some guns can 1 hit. But the blocking will always be a hassle.

But there are plenty of targets. You don't need to shoot the targets that people are engaged in melee with.

Shooting through team mates would make the game even more spammy, at least now you have to consider where you stand and the angle of your shots at times.

Public games will always be more chaotic anyway, why not join a clan or group up with forum regulars and co-ordinate your games? You'll avoid this kind of thing pretty much entirely.

I'm already in a clan at this time and i still have this problem sometimes, and i do agree on that there are plenty of targets so that's why i didn't agree on the fact that KS would be a problem. but in these small rooms and corridors it can be a huge problem for shooters to not get a kill if you have 2 people in melee and if the enemy can penetrate also it wouldn't be any problem i guess. It's just an idea though. If the majority of people don't like it then i'm sure it doesn't need changing hehe.