Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Breeding Help

Yakhul

Question

Hi, I am fairly new to the game, well not exactly. I played a bit before the Excalibur remake, and then stop for a long time because the game just felt empty. Now is completely different and i wanted to start my own Kubrow breeding stuff. I read a bunch of guides on how to become a good Kubrow breeder, the patterns of the kubrows, height, body type, etc.

I managed to get my hands on a nice Lotus Kubrow imprint set, which i will used to start breeding my own Lotus Kubrows. But since i am a newbie still at the Kubrow Breeding stuff, i figured i could ask here some question about Lotus Kubrow Breeding.

First, the height is random right? The kubrow imprint i got came from a tall Kubrow, but all i get are standard size kubrows. Second, If i combine a lotus kubrow imprint with another type of kubrow imprint, say, stripped, but just because i like the body type of that striped kubrow, will i get a Lotus kubrow? how does the imprints work exactly? I read that the imprint on the left side rules the body type and race of the kubrow, while the imprint on the right side rules the pattern of the kubrow. I tried this with another imprint of Lotus kubrow i got, and i got a stripped Kubrow, so is it random or a 50/50 chance? Also, the gender of my lotus kubrow imprint is male, but if i use em again to breed another lotus, is it random that i will get a male or a female kubrow?

Finally, I know that the best way to breed Lotus kubrows is by combining 2 lotus kubrows imprints, so you get a lotus kubrow, but the color is what confuses me. Do i need to have at least 2 different lotus kubrow imprints to breed different colors of kubrows? or the color will always be the same?

Thank you for your time.

3 answers to this question

height and gender is 100% random every time you breed. 

generally its like a 30%-40% chance of getting lotus when combining with a non-lotus -as a rule I find putting desired pattern in the first slot and rare colours in the second works out best for me. 

if you use two of the same prints from the same colours, pattern. build and colours will always be the same. 

colours are taken from both prints, each colour has a X% chance of occurring with the rare colours being the hardest to keep. 

I have a handy guide I made a while ago that might help you. 

Thanx for the quick answer. Very helpful guide. So i do indeed need another lotus kubrow imprint of different color pattern if i want to breed other color types right? Also, what is the chance to get a lotus kubrow from a random incubation? the rarest i got so far through random incubation is a Domino pattern kubrow.

1 hour ago, Zoknahal said:

Thanx for the quick answer. Very helpful guide. So i do indeed need another lotus kubrow imprint of different color pattern if i want to breed other color types right? Also, what is the chance to get a lotus kubrow from a random incubation? the rarest i got so far through random incubation is a Domino pattern kubrow.

yeah if you want to mix colours to make a double rare for example say you wanted a red and gold lotus -you would need a lotus with gold in one of the three fur slots and another with red in another slot. and gamble mixing the two, 

I have never had a lotus from a random incubation but I have only ever done like 12-15 random ones and my other like 180+ kubrow have all been mixing prints.

merle has the same rarity chance as lotus but it never became as popular so isn't really valued more