Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Builds and Excavation Question

Hyroma

Question

So after running the last sortie stage and getting blasted for using my Tonkor (I was told I was destroying the excavator) I thought I would just ask. Is this possible? I ran the sortie again because the folks complaining abandoned us. In the next go round I got pulled in by myself and out of curiosity tried to blast the excavator. I found I could not touch it even though I was dusting everything around it. Fluke? What's everyone else's experience? Seems to me the sortie just runs so many enemies that they take down the excavators pretty much on delivery in the mid stages. Beyond that Im interested in hearing how folks mod their Tonkors. I get that a lot of folks have no love for the Tonk but I love mine. Thanks!

6 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Hyroma said:

So after running the last sortie stage and getting blasted for using my Tonkor (I was told I was destroying the excavator) I thought I would just ask. Is this possible? I ran the sortie again because the folks complaining abandoned us. In the next go round I got pulled in by myself and out of curiosity tried to blast the excavator. I found I could not touch it even though I was dusting everything around it. Fluke? What's everyone else's experience? Seems to me the sortie just runs so many enemies that they take down the excavators pretty much on delivery in the mid stages. Beyond that Im interested in hearing how folks mod their Tonkors. I get that a lot of folks have no love for the Tonk but I love mine. Thanks!

You can destroy anything and everything, with the right tools and status ;)

Frames can be radiated as well as enemies, means you can kill allies structures etc.

I am an avid user of the Tonkor and I have never, ever destroyed an excavator with it! My over all damage with the thing hits for over 6000! Its mostly explosive damage and some radiation thrown in there with corrosive as well. The tonkor is my favorite go to weapon if I need pure destruction to insue! 

Side note, I have seen this thing crit for over 100,000 on a head shot!

Edited by (PS4)memnock74

On 9/17/2016 at 2:15 AM, Hyroma said:

So is the environmental radiation destroying the excavators ? I hadn't even considered that was a possibility. Rad isnt set up on my gun.

No the sortie has a radiation proc on the level. Everyone has a chance to get radiation in that level. It makes u do dmg against allies. So u probably got hit with the proc and your explosions destroyed the excavators

On 9/17/2016 at 8:06 AM, (PS4)memnock74 said:

I am an avid user of the Tonkor and I have never, ever destroyed an excavator with it! My over all damage with the thing hits for over 6000! Its mostly explosive damage and some radiation thrown in there with corrosive as well. The tonkor is my favorite go to weapon if I need pure destruction to insue! 

Side note, I have seen this thing crit for over 100,000 on a head shot!

How do you have yours modded out? Sounds nice!