Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sonicor Q's and CC Build

ServareVitas

Question

So I recently came across the Sonicor and had no idea that it wasn't a beam weapon. Anyway I absolutely love it's crowd control potential and myself and my brother have been using it on some mobile defense sorties that we previously couldn't complete because we simply couldn't put the enemies down fast enough. Since using the Sonicor with a blast build we've realised we don't have to and as long as we keep a steady barrage on the immediate area, despite not killing many targets with them, nothing is able to shoot or get anywhere near us. I have two questions though:-

1.) It's stats say it is 0.0% status chance and it seems to proc and blow people over 99% of time, except for a handful of times where it's hit an enemy and done nothing. Does the 0.0% chance really mean it's 100% proc? As I said the times it hasn't sent enemies flying are so few and far between that I wondered if it was simply a glitch (plus it was always on heavies who may have some kind of minor resistance to it). 

2.) Is there any kind of mod(s) that increase the 'blast radius'? I've basically not modded it for damage at all, all I'm concerned with is range and fire rate, I just on a single ice and fire mod so it has a blast proc but didn't bother increasing the damage as I want the weapon purely for ragdolling things around. 

8 answers to this question

1) Sonicor 0% is for the direct hit, but afterwards follows an explosion which is essentially a guaranteed blast proc and the explosion also has a status chance, for the exact numbers, check the wiki.

2) for pistols i dont thinke there is an explosion enlarge mod, but if you go for multishot with Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion and then combine it with Magnum force, the pistol mod making it more precise you get 2-3 shots that cover a quite big area

2 minutes ago, Takkov said:

1) Sonicor 0% is for the direct hit, but afterwards follows an explosion which is essentially a guaranteed blast proc and the explosion also has a status chance, for the exact numbers, check the wiki.

2) for pistols i dont thinke there is an explosion enlarge mod, but if you go for multishot with Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion and then combine it with Magnum force, the pistol mod making it more precise you get 2-3 shots that cover a quite big area

I was meaning to ask if multishot would have any account on it. Because generally with bullet type projectiles multishot doesn't actually send out more projectiles it just increases each shot's damage in relation to the percentage of the time each bullet would be 'doubled'. I've never tested it with launcher type weapons though. I'll stick multishot on then but will dispense with serration or magnum force because (as I'm only after the ragdoll proc and couldn't care if it kills them) a 100% blast proc that does 100 damage is identical to a blast proc that does 600 in terms of it's actual ragdoll effect right?

It's like the weapon has its own chance for blast procs separate from whatever mods you put on, for any status type, so it's not a regular status weapon, in that you could put viral on it and get regular viral procs.  If you put blast damage on it, that does seem to really increase the force of the blasts though, and the status from mods does seem to affect the chance of the base blast procs.

Nothing for blast radius, but you can mod it for higher fire rate and bigger magazine size, sacrificing damage if you want to spam an area with it (There's also Lethal Momentum for range).  I have a build that is very useful for those situations where you've stayed too long in a survival, and have to clear a path to the exit through loads of really powerful enemies that have knockdowns:

Ice Storm            |  Gunslinger    | Lethal Torrent  | Scorch
Primed Slip Magazine | Anemic Agility | Deep Freeze     | Tainted Clip

That gives me a 4.03 fire rate, and 36 magazine (downside is a 4.3 second reload, but you can go a long way before you need to).

It's a great weapon to have on frames that are lacking crowd control abilities, or where eximus units drain all your energy.

Edited by polarity

Multishot generally increases the bullet count, quite often they just have the same trajectory, as you probably use heavy caliber rarely, so it cant be seen often, try multishot on the penta with and without heavy caliber, so that you see what i mean, this also applies to hitscan weapons. Additionally weapons have a different precision, which also makes it more or less obvious.

2 minutes ago, polarity said:

It's like the weapon has its own chance for blast procs separate from whatever mods you put on, for any status type, so it's not a regular status weapon, in that you could put viral on it and get regular viral procs.  If you put blast damage on it, that does seem to really increase the force of the blasts though, and the status from mods does seem to affect the chance of the base blast procs.

Nothing for blast radius, but you can mod it for higher fire rate and bigger magazine size, sacrificing damage if you want to spam an area with it (There's also Lethal Momentum for range).  I have a build that is very useful for those situations where you've stayed too long in a survival, and have to clear a path to the exit through loads of really powerful enemies that have knockdowns:

Ice Storm            |  Gunslinger    | Lethal Torrent  | Scorch
Primed Slip Magazine | Anemic Agility | Deep Freeze     | Tainted Clip

That gives me a 4.03 fire rate, and 36 magazine.

It's a great weapon to have on frames that are lacking crowd control abilities.

This is very similar to my build. Except I only have an Ice Storm + Scorch, the minimum elemental mods necessary to make it 'blast' as I'm still convinced a higher blast damage won't actually increase the ragdoll. You really reckon it does though? You could be right but it's really hard to tell. I was really excited I found a mod on warframebuilder called 'Heavy Warhead 100% blast radius' but it's PvP exclusive!!

Something else I'm wondering.... 'Impact' is technically what makes them fly across the map whereas 'Blast' simply knocks them on their &#!. Would it not be more crowd control efficient if I actually took blast off, left it with impact as literally the only thing that it CAN proc and just invest all mod slots into fire rate, range and magazine capacity? 

29 minutes ago, ServareVitas said:

This is very similar to my build. Except I only have an Ice Storm + Scorch, the minimum elemental mods necessary to make it 'blast' as I'm still convinced a higher blast damage won't actually increase the ragdoll. You really reckon it does though? You could be right but it's really hard to tell. I was really excited I found a mod on warframebuilder called 'Heavy Warhead 100% blast radius' but it's PvP exclusive!!

Something else I'm wondering.... 'Impact' is technically what makes them fly across the map whereas 'Blast' simply knocks them on their &#!. Would it not be more crowd control efficient if I actually took blast off, left it with impact as literally the only thing that it CAN proc and just invest all mod slots into fire rate, range and magazine capacity? 

Higher blast damage increases the chance of it proc'ing blast instead of anything else, essentially.

Just now, ServareVitas said:

So really if your blast damage exceeds your impact damage it'll just mean you proc blast more often than impact on the Sonicor?

When a status procs, it is dependant on your damage numbers for the chance on which one happens. For example, if i have only corrosive and blast on a weapon with equal damage numbers, than it is a 50/50 chance of it happening. That said, always class a physical damage (IPS) as quadruple it's actual damage in terms of the percentage, as they are weighted so that each point of physical damage counts as four points of elemental damage. Raising your blast damage just continues to weight the chance further towards blast.