The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Humble request to review the state of some older frames after TWW drops

Antiphoton

I'm very grateful for the fact that DE keeps adding new stuff constantly, I enjoy their work a lot. Also, I'm totally hyped for The War Within, a few more weeks isn't that long if it's going to be worth it.

However, I'd like to ask the devs to please consider reviewing the state of some of the older frames. It's nice that the newer ones are more in touch with the current pace of the game, but it doesn't mean that we are only going to play with them. I'm not saying that the older ones are underpowered, I'm just saying that it feels weird to see that we are supposed to deal with stuff like lvl 100 Hyena Packs, but we still have things like Spectral Scream, Psychic Bolts, Divebomb, etc.
I believe that a lot of players select which frame to use not only because of its abilities, but also because of its theme, looks and personal attachment. For example, I love the current state of Volt - each of his abilities has a use, and his playstyle offers variety. But I don't like the electricity elemental theme. Chroma, on the other hand, is one of my favorite frames, but using him means that I just press 2+3 and forget completely about his abilities for 66 seconds. The weapons I have are more than enough to clear any content, but reducing my playstyle to running and shooting is not fun.

And this is the main point of my request: I do not want the older frames to be buffed, I want them to receive minor tweaks to make them fun. And I believe that it will be potentially benefitial for the game. If I could have a frame with the theme and looks of Chroma or Equinox, but with the playstyle of Volt (for example), I could play with them indefinitely, even if it would mean going trough the same content again and again.

So, once the dust settles after TWW is released, please, take some time to bring us another batch of tweaks. Not complete reworks, just updating some of the more outdated abilities. Spectral Scream, Shuriken, Nova's floating orbs (can't remember the name), Psychic Bolts, Mesa's 1st, Well of Life, Divebomb, Fireball, Soul Punch, Ripline, Sleight of Hand, the whole Equinox kit except Rest and Maim, etc. As long as these things remain in their current state, their respective frames will be less compelling to play with. Even if they have other abilities that over-compensate for these useless skills, that is not a valid justification.

Besides this, it would be nice if we can have an ETA on the next batch of reworks (which seems to point at Ash, Limbo, Zephyr and maybe Oberon).

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Antiphoton

I'd like to ask the devs to please consider reviewing the state of some of the older frames. It's nice that the newer ones are more in touch with the current pace of the game, but it doesn't mean that we are only going to play with them.

Huh? Something as frost is still more solid than nezha... What exactly you talking about?

7 minutes ago, ScorpioneITA said:

Huh? Something as frost is still more solid than nezha... What exactly you talking about?

That's exactly why I said that I'm not asking for buffs, and why I said "some".

Edited by Antiphoton
My phone messed up the format.

56 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

That's exactly why I said that I'm not asking for buffs, and why I said "some".

They are nitpicking, but do try to stand away from absolutisms.

Regardless, while I enjoy your optimism, I doubt it will happen. Call me salty, but I've grown pessimistic towards DE's ability to prioritize.

Well, my request may seem too generalist, but that's because making a full list of abilities and proposals for each of them would take too much space. I could do it if needed. 

Also, unlike the thread about Equinox, this is my version of a rant, so I didn't want to go into specifics that much, but I wanted to remain as constructive as possible. 

My objective is to send the message. Address it or not, that's their choice.

On 9/17/2016 at 4:16 PM, Antiphoton said:

Chroma, on the other hand, is one of my favorite frames, but using him means that I just press 2+3 and forget completely about his abilities for 66 seconds. The weapons I have are more than enough to clear any content, but reducing my playstyle to running and shooting is not fun.

So, once the dust settles after TWW is released, please, take some time to bring us another batch of tweaks. Not complete reworks, just updating some of the more outdated abilities Sleight of Hand,

Well really if you don't want to reduce to using your guns you probably better off using a different warframe. I slightly agree about sleight of hand. The best thing about the ability is how she can activate corpus door lasers, I feel she should at least have something with grineer doors or even activate grineer turrets.

11 hours ago, (PS4)keilnealquan said:

Well really if you don't want to reduce to using your guns you probably better off using a different warframe.

The point the OP was trying to make is that both Effigy and Spectral Scream simply arent good enough to be worth building for in general occasions.