The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry 2.0, A Place for Elite Players Outside of Sorties, AI intelligence over ridiculous scaling, Autonomous Trading, Tutorials, Visual Weapon Upgrades, mini-map rework

RavingRoman

Foundry 2.0 - The first thing I want to talk about, is an alternative that may not reduce the grind, but rather make it a little more bearable. But when crafting certain weapons and items, I am proposing that players can choose to build items with alternate resources somehow. This can help get rid of the millions of common resources we will never use. Of course, this should vary the time it would take to craft the items, weapons, warframe parts, Orokin Potatoes, and so on. The original used resources should get the benefit of the original schematic time, and the other resources would maybe add 6-12 more hours into the items. That way, people can get around the insane farming required and decide on how they want to gain their items. The second suggestion I'd like to add, though I think many have asked for this, the Foundry should be able to craft multiple instances of the same item. That way, it would save players from the unnecessary time walls.

A Place for Elite Players Outside of Sorties - The Void, and the Derelict used to be the areas where players who have the guts and skills can take on the hardest and the best of the best the enemies have to offer. Sadly, the corrupted are just about everywhere in the game and no longer feel special to fight anymore. There has to be a new place where players can have the need for their desire of challenge and the feeling of being badass satisfied. What we need is a new faction of somekind, some kind of new age revolutionist species that will shake the balance (or unbalance) between all of the factions, even give reason for Tenno, Corpus, and Grineer to have missions where they stand side by side together or work together. An alternative is that we need more breeds of infested enemies, the kinds that can crawl across walls or swoop in, attack, and fly out. We need more creep factor to the infested. I had a suggestion before about a new planet perhaps, but maybe creating more levels out of asteroids can work too.

AI intelligence over ridiculous scaling - I have been having generally bad luck with enemies spawning in very effective formations during void missions lately. And I thought, this is a really impressive alternative to cheaply powering up mobs to ridiculous levels of power. AI's need some tweaking and the devs should look into the assets of each enemy units to have fireteams that are smarter and more effective together, and at the same time ease the angle of the power spike of enemies. Here are a few examples; grineer tilesets should have some of the snipers or ballistas in higher ground. This way, players become more wary of their locations and need to be more tactical on which mobs to kill first. Another fireteam that can be useful is having shield lancers standing in front of bombards and heavy gunners, shielding them from incoming fire. To make grineer kubrow masters (I forgot what they're called) more fearsome, it should be their kubrows who disarm players, not the weapon. The dogs can run towards the players in high speeds and bite on their arms to force them to drop their weapons. Shield Lancers can always be the first line of offensive formations. Getting around these fireteams will become very rewarding for players who have tactical sense and use their abilities to their advantage. In the case of the corpus, DE should add the Opticor Crewmen to act as compliments to the Technicians who wield the Supra. If Nullies are reworked to have their bubbles only cover the front, they can do similar things. Or perhaps they should start using vehicles like piloted mechs, or railgun turrets. Players will have a better feeling of challenge against enemies who change tactics rather than becoming bullet sponges. Make blind-fire available for the enemies so that they can try to buy time for backup. It's much better facing enemies who are becoming smarter and smarter.

Autonomous Trading - Living in the trade chat is far too taxing upon individual players. There needs to be some kind of center with non-live trading where players can take items off their inventories and put them in some kind of catalog another player can search and look for. That way, we can sell items for plat at the same time as we go about our missions. Of course, trade tax for credits should be higher in this case. Pages of the item can be looked at and players can see lists of the other players selling these items and the prices they are proposing for. An example of such an effective trading marketplace is gaiaonline, it works and gives players peace of mind.

Tutorials - I've mentioned this before, and I'll mention it again. There needs to be a better in-game orientation for players to the more advance systems and workings of warframe rather than the text that you have to try and summarize in the codex. An idea is to have Ordis become an interactive entity aboard the orbiter or the dropship where the player can look up information like the mission types, archwing piloting, and etc. Ordis can explain these things with subtitles, and it can be accompanied by short videos featuring Excalibur in default weaponry, archwing, and so on. This way, we'll be taught, how to do it and why it matters. These are the most important pieces of knowledge to give to players, so it's best to give it in all forms; visual, audio, and tactile. That should ease the learning curve back to an actual curve rather than a deathdrop.

Visual Weapon Upgrades - Honestly, besides the skins, I would like to see more effects our mods give our weapons without looking the same. Maybe they should have specific glowing runs floating around them, or even slight emitting energy with the exception of melee of course. Also, I would like to attach sugatras on firearms' pistol grips or rifle butts, just to give a more personalized feel to them. An alternative is straps? I don't know. But there needs to be visual upgrades to our fire arms. I would love to have a laser sight maybe, or something else.

Mini-map rework - Honestly, I get turned around a lot more than I'd like to be in different tilesets and the minimap doesn't help that much. Would be useful, though might be a clusterf***, is to add some kind of 3d arrow in the UI that will point to the exact door or path that we need to go per room. This is done by a lot of racing games to ensure we do not get off on the wrong turn. A way to add this is perhaps just put it next to the minimap or on the corner of it to guide us better.

A lot of this may sound like rambling, but maybe there are good ideas in there somewhere. Please suggest alternatives that might sound good if you can think of any. Thank you for your time and Rock On, Tenno!!

Edited by RavingRoman

For the faction suggestion, apart form adding new units and moons as visitable locations, we can travel to the Tau system, the system where the Orokin sent the sentients originally to prep for colonization. We can fight hardcore Sentients there with a vast variety of environmental hazards that (since we can't crit on objects) will give value to non crit weapons (we can make them weak to blast so that element has more use).

Major_Phantom (Sorry, my quoting thing is not working for some reason)

Thank you for the encouragement, I got straight on it since you said it.

That is a great idea. I do wonder though if that is what Digital extremes is planning for us in the long run as the sentients reveal themselves to use more and more. I do expect to hit some significant resistance. With Steve working on some kind of fog environment, I wonder if we will be fighting in environments immersed in dense fog, where we will be constantly ambushed and the only thing that guides us to see enemies any more than 5 meters away is either our radar/minimap, or the companion abilities.

Illusive and intelligent enemies, I would love to get killed by them.