The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would You Consider A "rare Weapon"

Nerokerubina

Weapons which need lotsa rare components. 

Or weapons which you need to get from the Void/Stalker.

The latter one is not that rare for everyone, for example me. I got most Void/Stalker equipment within a day.

Stalker weapons since he's a pseudo-random spawn, and has a fairly low chance to drop any one of the BP to his weapons *if* you kill him.

Latron Prime and Reaper Prime since they require mats that can be hard to come by.

Supra  - Rare  --I have as of yet to even see one of these in action in a game  the material requirements alone make then damn near unobtainable in any way to a casual player.

Void weapons -  Uncommon - Need Keys, multiple parts and luck to get these weapons.

Stalker weapons - Semi Rare - Only takes one shot to get them and the material requirements are not that exorbanant

Everything else that isn't mastery locked would be common

i think probably the mastery 6 and 7 weapons are the most rare. I don't see many people with the supra or acrid or flux really. 

Supra is actually incredibly common (says something about the general skill of the players in this game, the way they like the weapon with the most dps/spread), and flux actually isn't that great of a weapon, that's why most people don't use it.  Acrid is a very awkward weapon and a lot of people prefer the despair/kunai to it.  It also takes quite a few mods/forma to get it working well enough to effectively kill anything asides from light unites.  Yes, it does a lot of numbers.  No, it's actually not the god weapon against anything with large amounts of exp (ambulas aside). 

Supra is actually incredibly common (says something about the general skill of the players in this game, the way they like the weapon with the most dps/spread), and flux actually isn't that great of a weapon, that's why most people don't use it.  Acrid is a very awkward weapon and a lot of people prefer the despair/kunai to it.  It also takes quite a few mods/forma to get it working well enough to effectively kill anything asides from light unites.  Yes, it does a lot of numbers.  No, it's actually not the god weapon against anything with large amounts of exp (ambulas aside). 

i think every person i've seen with the supra also had the acrid. I think i've seen more acrids than supra's or flux's. Although a lot of that probably has to do with the acrid being the only clan sidearm. 

i don't really agree with your Acrid assessment at all. Maybe you leveled it before it was recently buffed? With just hornet strike and barrel diffusion, i'm 2 and 3 shotting ancients. I would say the Acrid is abnormally plain aside from two mechanics, the dot and projectile travel speed. Its accurate, it has no recoil, it has a very average clip size and reload speed. If the fire rate was lower people would say its unforgiving with such a low rate of fire and if it was much faster, it would be difficult to be ammo efficient with it. I feel like they made the gun as easy as possible to use outside of the dot and projectile mechanic. I actually really hope they make a dual acrid although i fear what it would require, simply because i would rather have one with more character, faster rate of fire, recoil, longer reload. Granted i just crafted it tonight and haven't had a chance to use all the mods with it. It makes me sad, in order to push what i am capable of doing, i have to use the acrid instead of other sidearms even though i would much prefer using several weaker ones. 

Edited by aTaVaX

SUPRA :  i might have seen TWO in game so far apart from my own *gloats*

Lanka : seen a few but pretty rare... 

Dark Sword : might have seen ONE in all the time playing and its one of only 3 blueprints i dont have!!!

Jaw Sword : see above

Ceramic Dagger : NEVER SEEN one!  its the REAL stalker..DOES it exist?!  :)