Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Therm excavation mission problems

lordelamin

Question

I'm having trouble getting the excavation mission. Are there a certain number of excavations I need to complete? Game keeps telling me I can extract after the first extractor, but I'm not able to get the carapace at that point. I've tried this a few times as a solo mission, and have done up to four extractors with no luck. What am I doing wrong?

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, lordelamin said:

I'm having trouble getting the excavation mission. Are there a certain number of excavations I need to complete? Game keeps telling me I can extract after the first extractor, but I'm not able to get the carapace at that point. I've tried this a few times as a solo mission, and have done up to four extractors with no luck. What am I doing wrong?

4 hours ago, RenownedWheat42 said:

It took me eight excavators per part.

I had a similar experience. After 700 cryotic I got each part. 

It's total RNG.  You can get it on the first excavator, or it might take you dozens.  When I ran it, I had extraordinarily bad luck with the first two parts, requiring two runs past 1.5k Cryotic, but it will eventually drop if you're persistent.

I recently helped someone else get a part, and it took us three runs - the first two were past 1k cryotic, but we lost several excavators due to dumb pubbies, who had apparently never ran an Excavation mission despite being MR10+ (i kept telling them - one excavator at a time!).  The third only required 700 cryotic, since we'd ditched the pubs and were able to run the third mission much more smoothly - never lost an excavator and had the part in rather short order.