Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The impact of dramatic music in-game.

BananaBlack

Ever since background music was implemented into Warframe a little bit after the Second Dream quest the game has felt different. Not that around then the content felt different, but because of the music. Music can add such a strong feeling to anything and turn ordinary things into masterpieces. I feel like that was kinda the change that was made when a soundtrack was added.

You've all heard that if you turn off the volume of a horror film it becomes bearable to watch because the "scaryness" is gone. Well it's very true and it shows he powerful the soundtrack can be (as well as soundeffects).

What I want to say mainly is that because of the addition of a soundtrack to Warframe there's been so much more depth and emotion associated with playing the game. I can feel the dramaticism that missions should bring, I feel like I'm in the game, I feel like a Tenno. If there's one thing that will always improve the game and make it feel more alive (and this goes for all of time, as far as I'm concerned) it's a powerful soundtrack. 

Keep up the amazing work DE. I can't wait to see how this game expands and advances. 

So wait, the soundtrack changed after second dream? I've been listening to my own music exclusively for a long time cuz of how damn repetitive the music became in missions, so if that has changed then i guess its time to turn in-game music on again.