The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Tenno Assassin

(XBOX)TheFancyJedi

I've had this idea for a while and with the last dev stream mentioning syndicate VIP assassination missions, I figured it would be a good time to bring it up.

When a player is marked for death by a syndicate they've pissed off, what if instead of a squad of AI enemies showing up, a Warframe from that syndicate shows up trying to kill you!? I think that would be cool, it would be similar to fighting the stalker.

A player could visit the syndicate in the relay and request a target. Then they would be dropped in to the other player's game with the task of killing them. Of course there would be faction rep on the line.

If for some reason spontaneous PvP in PvE missions can't work, being able to donate a Spector to the syndicate to do the job for you, would be cool too. You could also get a bonus if your specter is successful.

No thank you.  PvP in Warframe is unbalanced enough as it is without having random players being able to drop into PvE missions to murder you.

This isn't Dark Souls, where PvP was closely designed alongside PvE from the get-go.  Warframe's PvE and PvP are so radically different that they can't even coexist within the same mod system.

3 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

This isn't Dark Souls, where PvP was closely designed alongside PvE from the get-go

While I like the comparison, you should probably clarify Dark Souls as Dark Souls 1 and 2, because Dark Souls 3 PVP is S H I T

Edited by NightSniper

6 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

No thank you.  PvP in Warframe is unbalanced enough as it is without having random players being able to drop into PvE missions to murder you.

This isn't Dark Souls, where PvP was closely designed alongside PvE from the get-go.  Warframe's PvE and PvP are so radically different that they can't even coexist within the same mod system.

That's why I was thinking donating specters for rep might be better. If it was a spontaneous pvp, I feel like the assassin should not be allowed to use mods, just so they're not OP

If there's a problem with mods, restrict them: at least no mods beyond these: crit/status chance, health/shields/energy cap/less power cost, and melee stances. If killed, the player sits down like in a Mastery Challenge and plays their mission failure screen.

And restrict the missions and matchmaking to be frames/weapons that are similar or equivalent to that of the player the assassin is sent for, and have a 'Syndicate War' tag that can be turned on or off per player, and if the assassin spawns, only the player the assassin is asked to kill can hurt the assassin. The assassin would be forced to wear the Syndicate's colours and no attachments throughout the mission.

Also, there could be an option to stay after failing if the squad is not full.

This doesn't work on solo, invite only, or friends-only squads, or Alerts; only Syndicate missions with the 'Synd War' tag enabled.

...Still would like an Acolyte Helm in any case.