Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Technical] Warframe FPS permanently low/unstable after a crash

Claviculus

Question

Hello Forums!

My Warframe crashed while I was playing. Upon restarting, my FPS was low and very jumpy (30-60, rather than the usual constant 60 before). I have restarted my PC, scanned for virusses, verified Warframe's integrity (I play via Steam), but nothing helps. As far as I can tell, my laptop doesn't appear to be generally slower outside of Warframe too. My clanmates have suggested alot of things to no avail:

-Turn DirectX 10, 11 and 64-bit mode on/off one by one. (No appearant changes in performance.)
-Turn off vSync
-Check in NVIDIA's 3d-settings configuration if Warframe is using the standard settings. (It did.)
-Check if there were any errors in Windows' Event Viewer around the time of the crash. (None.)

I'm going to try cleaning dust inside the laptop soon, although I find it hard to believe a problem with that would appear so seemingly arbitrarily. Is there anything else I could try for now to pinpoint the cause and/or fix the issue?

Thanks in advance. :)

Laptop specs:
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 
16GB RAM

9 answers to this question

You said you verified the integrity from steam but have you verified the game data from the launcher itself?

You might even want to try running the game with the standalone launcher instead of through steam to see if there is any difference.
Also have you been playing Warframe no problems at all at an earlier time but then after an update it now has this random crashing issue?

15 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

You said you verified the integrity from steam but have you verified the game data from the launcher itself?

You might even want to try running the game with the standalone launcher instead of through steam to see if there is any difference.
Also have you been playing Warframe no problems at all at an earlier time but then after an update it now has this random crashing issue?

I have not verified the integrity from the launcher itself, I will try that. EDIT: Still laggy...
And no, there is no random crashing issue. I was just playing normally for quite a long time since the latest update, then there was that single random crash after which the performance dropped severely.

Edited by Claviculus

1 minute ago, Claviculus said:

I was just playing normally for quite a long time since the latest update, then there was that single random crash after which the performance dropped severely.

Yeah if you've had no issues previously then it could be a data corruption issue.
Also there was a server outage for a little bit not too long ago; could of been related in some way if your crash happened around that time.

2 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

Yeah if you've had no issues previously then it could be a data corruption issue.
Also there was a server outage for a little bit not too long ago; could of been related in some way if your crash happened around that time.

I'm aware of the server outage, but the crash was far before that. Also, verifying integrity of the launcher did not help.

Just now, Claviculus said:

No, I explained in the original post. My FPS is lower than it should be and quite unstable too.

Ahh yeah for FPS there are quite a lot of variables there - one of which could be in regards to optimization.
Speaking of which did you try "optimize" in the launcher settings?

5 minutes ago, Claviculus said:

I just tried, but nothing changes...

Last resort man, you'll have to completely re-install it.
From my experience and others as well, steam data integrity is bit buggy - we tend to not use it, only use the one from the launcher.

If that doesn't help, you'll have to send them a support ticket.