Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isn't Shield Osprey an overpowered unit?

Phoenix_Rising

Just that. Isn't shield osprey waaaaaay overpowered? I mean, yeah, sure, it only bestows shielding onto its fellow corpus walkers and robots, but why is there a gigantic blinding source of light that almost seems to absorb bullets (not true, I know, but still!)?

The shield osprey is not a problem in lower levels, but it becomes a gigantic problem on Pluto. Me an my team got totally owned time and time again by swarms of corpus soldiers that were protected by shield osprey, and the only reason for that is because we couldn't dispatch the damn thingy properly because we can't see it. Yes, it's difficult - it's a good thing, and it should be difficult with the little bugger just flying in evasive maneuvers - but give us a propper and visible target, for crying out loud!

I mean, am I the only one who's got a problem with this?

Edited by Phoenix_Rising

Well, with my Braton, Aklato, HEK, and Cronus I can kill the shielded guys pretty quickly, so I just tend to ignore them.

The Ospreys are real hard to hit though with that light as you described when you are trying to kill them.

Edited by FrydHamstr

It is rather annoying trying to shoot a shield osprey when it's acting like a miniature sun, but I wouldn't call it overpowered. It just takes some getting used to, learning where to approximately shoot. That light doesn't do my eyes any favors, though.

I shoot above the light. The osprey is not the lightsource - it's directly above it.

Yes, I actually do shoot above the light. Doesn't always work, and it doesn't matter whether I use precise weapons, or total gorgon hailstorm. I won't deny that I do hit it like that, but it still seems more like the work of luck that I do.

It is rather annoying trying to shoot a shield osprey when it's acting like a miniature sun, but I wouldn't call it overpowered. It just takes some getting used to, learning where to approximately shoot. That light doesn't do my eyes any favors, though.

I think the bloom in general needs a complete rework, even with bloom off the thing looks like a floating blue sun, which is made a little troublesome when there are 2 or even 3 of them on screen at once. Trying to figure out which floating blue sun is the one that can be killed easily is rather hard if it happens at lower levels when you don't have a strong enough gun that you can just dps through the shielding.

OP is... angry because sometimes the game gets challenging in the endgame? *Gasp*

Well, with my Braton, Aklato, HEK, and Cronus I can kill the shielded guys pretty quickly, so I just tend to ignore them.

The Ospreys are real hard to hit though with that light as you described when you are trying to kill them.

That is just good design. One of the reasons I like the Corpus so.

I think the bloom in general needs a complete rework, even with bloom off the thing looks like a floating blue sun, which is made a little troublesome when there are 2 or even 3 of them on screen at once. Trying to figure out which floating blue sun is the one that can be killed easily is rather hard if it happens at lower levels when you don't have a strong enough gun that you can just dps through the shielding.

The lighting in the engine is very reminiscent of Unreal Engine 3, both really have a problem with lighting, most notably specular highlights and things looking glossy/plastic. And the Ice, seems to be some sort of fast growing space-crystal that draws heat from the environment becase that does not look like ice, I should know, I'm an iceologist.

Edited by FirstToLast

OP is... angry because sometimes the game gets challenging in the endgame? *Gasp*

Man, I didn't say the ospray is completely bad! The opposite! It's okay to have such units in there, but it glowing like a freakin star is the problem.

And to this I agree completely.

I agree with this, the ospreys should shield a limited amount of npcs (maybe 3 or 4) so you won't get into a rom with 15 guys all shielded shooting at you, even hight tier equipment can't handle that

A combination of ice and electric mods will fix that extremely quickly. Ice does double damage to shields IIRC and electricity has a very high chance to stun the Corpus.

This game in general needs to rework its lighting a bit. We all love shiny things but it's common knowledge that to know what this game actually looks like, you need to turn off DoF, Color Correction and Bloom. This game does, in fact, not need more lensflare.

A combination of ice and electric mods will fix that extremely quickly. Ice does double damage to shields IIRC and electricity has a very high chance to stun the Corpus.

This game in general needs to rework its lighting a bit. We all love shiny things but it's common knowledge that to know what this game actually looks like, you need to turn off DoF, Color Correction and Bloom. This game does, in fact, not need more lensflare.

I know, I maxed all my weapons and frame and have one mod of each elemental in my guns, but still overpowered even in the early build in 1st update, bbut new players might feel annoyed and could get &!$$ed off and leave the game, even worst, the onnly way to take them down it's with guns, that might be troublesome if you're trying to stealth a mission

Edited by DeadlyShadow

Step 1: Turn bloom off

Step 2: Shoot above light

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

In all seriousness, they're only overpowered when there are two of them in a giant pile of enemies, and the two shield ospreys are extra-shielding each other to the point where they're both really hard to kill, and they don't separate no matter how you try to lead them away from each other.

I shoot above the light. The osprey is not the lightsource - it's directly above it.

very decent indeed.

but i really dont understand how a whole team can get wiped because there is 1 or 2 osprey giving shields. If this is becoming a problem use lightning and ice damage. ICE = anti shields and Lightning = anti mech

or just get a volt with power range stacking and steamroll