Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to beat the Raptor

(XBOX)FabLewis

Question

11 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, (XB1)FabLewis said:

So I'm pretty new to this game and I cannot for the life of me beat the raptor to unlock the Saturn junction. I'm using the Excalibur frame because I need plastids (which you get on Saturn) to unlock another frame...

You also get Plastids on Phobos.

Shot his engines till he dies, grab the bomb he drops, toss it down the drain. Rinse and repeat.

Keep moving and shoot it until it dies. Some parts of its body are invulnerable, but the majority is not. If you can, try to kill all of the regular enemies in the room before engaging the Raptor.

Once it dies, you have 10 seconds to grab its reactor and drop it down a chute (press whatever button is bound to switch weapon to drop the reactor). If you don't think you'll make it, drop the reactor and get away as fast as you can. It will do significant damage to anyone near it when it explodes.

Repeat for the second and third Raptor variants.

5 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Keep moving and shoot it until it dies. Some parts of its body are invulnerable, but the majority is not. If you can, try to kill all of the regular enemies in the room before engaging the Raptor.

Once it dies, you have 10 seconds to grab its reactor and drop it down a chute (press whatever button is bound to switch weapon to drop the reactor). If you don't think you'll make it, drop the reactor and get away as fast as you can. It will do significant damage to anyone near it when it explodes.

Repeat for the second and third Raptor variants.

I tried moving about a lot, and managed to kill all of the regular enemies there but the raptor just peppers me with rockets when I attack, which takes down my shield instantly and then kills me straight after if I don't go hide.

On 9/25/2016 at 0:48 AM, (XB1)FabLewis said:

I tried moving about a lot, and managed to kill all of the regular enemies there but the raptor just peppers me with rockets when I attack, which takes down my shield instantly and then kills me straight after if I don't go hide.

I would have to agree. I think the Raptors need to be nerfed in there damage output. From a new players perspective, unless you happen to draw a squad that can 1 or 2 shot each Raptor, this battle is almost undoable solo. I have been three shot by the first raptor with Rhino, Rank 8 Redirection, Rank 8 Steel Fiber, and Iron skin. Three shot? There is no cover to fight from, where the blast radius of the bomblets can't reach you. The under ground portion is gone after the update and the blast radius of the bomblets is un- manageble. You can't cover that distance reasonably in the amount of time required to get out of their blast radius. The mobs are uncontrollable and do not drop enough ammo, even with a mutation card equipped. I managed to get into a squad the first time, by luck of the draw, that could 2 shot each raptor. I have been unsuccessful in trying to solo. Look me up in the evenings if you want help running it. I have been postponing attempting it any further, as I actually got Nova Prime parts to drop from relics with much more ease than trying to get regular nova warframe parts. Actually, that last statement is pretty sad. Any way, I digress. Look me up, I'm on XB1. I am curious to try figuring it out. It can't be just all weapon selection. Can it? I'm using Soma, by the way. Just for curiosities sake. Everything is Potatoed.

Yes, these guys are a royal pain.  And yes, I think they are a bit over-powered for where they are in the star chart.  The first time I got past them I got lucky and got into group that could take them down in just a few shots.  Just recently I've come back to farm them for Nova and started paying attention to the others in my group.  Several times I've gotten into group where someone has the Synoid Simulor and this weapon just seems to wreck them (but let's be honest, that's a Syndicate weapon and most players working through the star chart won't have access to it at this point in the game).

I'm MR10 at the moment, playing mostly Frost.  While farming I've gotten into a few groups with MR 6-10 buds and we've had some fun fights - won a few and lost a few (lost as in we've run out of ammo and had to abort).  I'm using a Vulkar that does about 1,200 magnetic damage / shot with a 50% critical chance and a 4x critical multiplier.  And even with that it takes me 6 or 8 shots to bring him down.  And with this setup the mission stats at the end had me doing over 50% of the damage.

Some other thoughts:

- Try to kill them close to the reactors (not too hard for the first 2, but when you get to the last one you don't want to have to carry the reactor all the way across the room)

- Have someone wait under him when he's about to go down and quickly grab the reactor to get it into the chute.

- You can leave the room and scrounge the level for more ammo (done that a few times)

I'd join/help you, but I'm on PS4.  So in short, get a hard hitting weapon and some friends.  

Good luck, Tenno.

I believe it's also worth noting, Mag's magnetize stacks well against Raptors since it amplifies the damage dealt to the target it's casted on. And if the range is large enough, magnetize also makes it an awful lot easier to hit the mobile Raptors. Therefore, having a Mag in your squad should be highly beneficial when farming the Raptors assassination.

latest?cb=20141024153331