Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torn between 3 frames

Pmueck3

Question

Hello,

I mained excalibur since the very beginning . Now i am torn between 3 frames : Excalibur , frost and chroma. I played with all 3 of em and like em all as much , but what frame do people rather have for a team ? since i wanne help people in my later stage of the game and not go only solo .

6 answers to this question

I frost main alot of time. He is a very good frame. Very hardy, one of (if not) the most if you exclude abilites. His kit is great. 1 you can use for several situations. Pop his snowglobe, break crates, freeze a target, extend the duration on 4's freeze and armor shred, all  which can be done while reloading withou reseting the reload animation

his 2 is a great AoE slow/freeze, augment makes it that better. Good range and good damage, with little cost.

His 3, what most people know frost for. His globe. The update to it a while back made it so much better. Being able to scale, due to absorbing damaging the first seconds of it, being able to recast to combine health lets you get very strong globes. Being able to ragdoll enemies which can cause huge damage if they hit terrain, being able to provide a local area where nothing can reach you. With the augment,  its not bad, but really good for infested especially which the whole skill in general pretty much owns infested.

His 4. Likely one of the most underrated skills in the game. Probably my favorite.  A aoe with good range, that is a pretty hard CC. Does good damage, and shreds armor. Since a few weeksk ago when they removed the bug where an enemie couldnt sustain elemental damage while 4'd made it that much better. The armor shred is huge. Putting good range and duration on this will pretty much make anything and everything cake. They recently changed it to where you cant use it on ViPs, Understandable because of how OP it is/was. It made the 1st acolyte killings pretty much a since. Also, as mentioned, being able to cast your 1 on any avalanched (#4) target increases the duration of the 4s shred and cc by the duration of the #1.

All these reasons, pretty much why i love frostl. He is essential for higher level excavations, defenses, mobile defenses, etc etc. One of the only frames that can scale into late game.

EDIT Added from below:

Chroma, chroma i Like aswell. I play him often due to being able to change his energy/element and play different style. I personally like playing him tankier by using his lightning or cold. His lightning was recently changed so it now takes stretch/range to make it arc further. However, being able to make enemies do 10s of times the damage they do reflected to their self can scale very well. What he really needs when playing though is a good heal. Which can be done by using him as heat, having medi-ray, lifestrike and a couple other things. His #1 is rather useless for anything higher level, but not bad for status CC. His #2 is nice especially depending on the elemental. I like it as mentioned with lightning being able to reflect damage back. His #3, it can be made pretty OP with the right build. (mainly shields and health) and is what can make chroma a true tank, while doing HUGE damage. Now his effigy. Quite nice if you wanna get some extra creds, but lately takes insane duration and efficiency and still requires a huge energy pool.

All said, chroma is still good. But rather niche.  

Anywho, just my imho,

-CCamp88

Edited by CCamp88

Get all of them \o/ 

But on a serious note:
Of the three you mentioned, the ones that are most seen in high-level (sortie-level) missions are Frost, Excal and Chroma in that order (although I don't think I've ever seen a Chroma at that level of gameplay)

- Frost is definitely the best team oriented, support frame of the three.
- Excalibur is offense (DPS) with a bit of team support with his blind. 
- Chroma... well I'm not familiar enough with his kit to give an accurate rating of exactly where he lies in all of this. But based on how much I see him being played, I'm left to conclude that he doesn't scale very well at all in higher level missions.

TL;DR - Get Frost for team support.