Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Narrow minded + Constitution > fleeting expertise?

(PSN)T0katax

Question

During the last days, I tried to build my valkyr for acolythe hunting.

While looking through builds, I saw many (like this) builds using

Constitution, Narrow Minded, Continuity, Streamline

to ensure the upkeep cost is 0,63

Now, while I was tinkering, I found out that if i replace constitution (13) and Narrowminded (16) with fleeting expertise (11), i reach the same upkeep cost, while achiving lower activation costs, for 18 points and a mod-slot less. Granted, 140% power duration comes down to 50% power duration.

So, enlighten me, why do people tend to use narrowm and const. over fleeting? Just for the powerduration of warcry? 

5 answers to this question

You can even remove Continuity if you don't want Transient Fortitude. 190% eff and 40% dur (Fleeting + Streamline) is enough to reach max efficiency. The reason to build for Narrow Minded on Valkyr is the increased warcry duration and previously also the reduced range on her ult (is not influenced by Range anymore).

Hi, I fancy myself a low-mid tier tryhard. I do play Valkyr sometimes, so here is what I know.

There are two ways to build Valkyr mainly: the Eteneral War Melee Valkyr, and the Rage Hysteria Valkyr. Since Power Strength is not taken into consideration here let's leave it out.

Hysteria build: Hysteria activation cost is affected by Power Efficiency, but the upkeep is affected by both Power Efficiency and Duration.

Eternal War Melee build: Warcry cost is upfront and affected by Power Efficiency only, but Power Duration affects its duration as well as the extra time on kill granted by Eternal War, which caps out at double the Warcry duration.

My take is that for the Eternal War build, you want as much duration on Warcry as possible to get as much benefit as you can from the mods you would also need to run on your weapons for the build, which would be Blood Rush and Body Count, and maybe Berserker/Primed Fury. Having Warcry on, which turns all slow weapons into blending machines, would help in keeping them up.

For Rage Hysteria builds, Power Duration doesn't have as much effect on the drain as Power Efficiency, and you can take advantage of the Rage -> Energy -> Hysteria -> Health -> Rage cycle anyway (at least until you enter one-shot damage range in endless missions; you would have an EV Trinity then, though).

Eternal War with a lot of Duratuon allows a Valkyr to not be affected too much by Ancient Disruptors (massive Energy drain), or even pay attention to Power Efficiency, because without Nullifiers messing you up, one Warcry is all you need to last you an hour in an endless mission. Plus, when you really need to revive, Hysteria provides invulnerability all the same.

Traditionally, Power Range is not very useful for Valkyr since all it really does is let you Ripline across the map. The main sell point is either as an invulnerable medic, or as a melee machine (or both). Thus, Narrowminded is a very cost-efficient way to add Duration.

In the end it's up to you. If you feel that the duration or drain is good enough for you, and it works, then play as you like.

Edited by Ralk1456

4 minutes ago, NobleParadox96 said:

The efficiency cap is 170%... can't go beyond that

1. You mean 175%

2. It only visually and for non-channeled abilities caps at 175%, for channeled abilities it actually takes the extra 15% into account. See http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Power Efficiency for details (the chart there is especially helpful).

2 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

1. You mean 175%

2. It only visually and for non-channeled abilities caps at 175%, for channeled abilities it actually takes the extra 15% into account. See http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Power Efficiency for details (the chart there is especially helpful).

ah i see... i remember reading in the old patch notes it was that a long time ago (still is), but i didn't know that channelled abilities can take the extra 15%... may as well try it some time.