The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission Concepts] Recon and Infiltration

Malak-al-Maut

Recon

We already use our scanners so much that I have mine equipped all the time.  Why not have a mission that specifically uses the scanner?  The idea is a stealth mission where you infiltrate into enemy territory and take scans of high value targets for later missions.  Additionally, since the idea of the mission is to infiltrate unseen instead of receiving affinity for killing you would get an affinity penalty for each kill.  Or perhaps you could get a bonus at the end for remaining unseen that would be worth more than killing all the enemies.  You could have multiple scan targets for each mission and have them be either fixed equipment or enemies.  If you are discovered the mission turns into either a capture, exterminate, or sabotage depending on the target to be scanned.  Being discovered when you're out to scan a high value enemy would turn into a capture.  Being discovered when you're out to scan several items would turn into an exterminate where you still have to scan the items.  Being discovered while attempting to scan a single high value target would turn into the simplified sabotage mission.

As an aside, doing something like this now is probably the easiest way to rank up Simaris.  Scanning unaware targets offers large amounts of affinity.  This would provide another method to farm for that, perhaps even to farm for focus.

Infiltration (The reverse of the survival mission)

This is an endless mission where the concept is to move as deep as you can into an enemy stronghold in order to raid it for supplies.  In each stage you would have to find a container and/or find and hack a door to the next area.  Alarms call huge numbers of enemies to your location and starts a countdown timer.  The countdown can be stopped (but not reset) by resetting the alarms.  Each section completed nets a reward.  Once you move into a new area the previous area would be closed off (allows for a different tileset to be generated creating very large maps.)  There would be an extraction point in each area after the first.  Since the point of this type of mission is finding the container, door, or terminal to hack, there would not be a mission marker to show you where to go on the minimap.  There might be terminal markers but there would be several and you wouldn't know which one was the correct one.  If the countdown timer reaches zero (zed) you would not automatically fail.  Instead, you would not be able to progress further and must head to the extraction point.  However, very high level enemies will spawn and hunt you.

I like both ideas alot, i am in for any more stealth in this game.

Only problem sadly is, most people will relay on the easier missions like with endless, just blastign trough survival.

While you could make unique rewards in this stealth missions only it whould give stealth fraems like Loki or Ivara a to high advantage aswell and giving them the same loot table will make peopel turn to the more easier and mindless missions again.

It is a bit said how the game turned from ninja stealth to mindless shooting with certain weapons and frames. Nothign against it sicne it givesa option and some variety but, stealth got more in the background, even Spy 2.0 in my eyes should have more consequences for failing, since this si supposed to be stealthy atleast in the vault rooms itself.