Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis/New strange bug

Klennak

Question

So I headed to the mercury relay (a long time ago) and talked with the guy, trapped and scanned the moa. Waited for a long time and nothing happened, so i left. Recently I just did the new strange quest (haven't cleared out the junctions after the spectres of the rail updates yet), and I am at the second mission where I need to synthesize 3 arid lancers. I scanned 5 of them and when i extracted nothing happened. I did the mission and scanned the arid lancers again and the quest is not progressing. I went back to mercury relay, and did the tutorial again, and when i opened up the scanner, the laines and the aiming guides (the dot) in the middle of the screen is gone. I thought it just a small glitch, but when I trap and scan the moa, nothing happen again. I now cant progress on the strange quest and I cannot use the synthesis sandbox. I attached the screenshots of when I abort the synthesis tutorial in the relay, it says mission success with 29 kills for some reason(image below) and a screenshot of the glitched scanner(belowScreenshot_300.png)

Screenshot_299.png

1 answer to this question

Were you scanning the three glowing blue points on the Moa or the Moa itself?  You need to scan each of the glowing spots to synthesize it.  When you go to hunt the Arid Lancers for the quest you need to find a specific Arid Lancer with different colouration (Simaris should tell you when you've found him) and again scan the glowing spots (there's four on them I think).  There will only be 1 per mission so you have to do three separate missions to complete that stage of the quest.

As to what's happened to your scanner, I'm not sure but have you possibly switched off sniper scopes in options?