Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New ways to farm now?

(XBOX)Empire earth3

Question

So i got back into warframe  2 days ago (big mistake) and now i'm up to date with everything and i was wondering what's the new way you guys farm prime parts now? I'm not talking like what it takes but the process.

Old Way:It use to be that you play a high level defense/survival/extraction mission and get void keys, than go to the void and invite some randoms. Than just grind out the mission as best as possible and you'll get a crap tone of random prime parts and stuff. 

New Way: I guess i'm just doing infestation extraction mission over and over again to get relics, but it's not like I'll get the item i need or want, and it's just 1 item too like kinda of a waste of time. 

(Other note, no one knows how to squad up in the squad chat. All i see is  "AXI rad c1 only" and theirs never any "farm relics" or "farm (prime name)" anymore. I'm not a big fan of this void keys to relics change now, cause seems like i have to do extra work now just to get a prime item every...lets say 20-30 min a void fissure mission rather than grind out a single void mission to get 4-6 things i can use.)

So what's the steps you take to get prime parts?

5 answers to this question

1) Infested Extraction is the fastest way of getting relics, but it is NOT the only way. Any endless type of mission drops relics.

2) People do know how to squad up, you just haven't learned the new way yet. Since every relic has a pre-defined list of six prime parts (including Forma BP) it can drop, asking for everyone to bring the same relic is THE way to go. It's a bit like asking for a T4D keyshare if you want a comparison.

3) Yes, prime gathering has gotten slower due to the absence of actual keysharing, but it's gotten easier to focus your effort towards a specific goal. Once you get the ability to refine your relics, gone are the days of farming endlessly for that 2% drop that just never happens because you can improve your own chances up to a 10% chance (if memory serves) for the rarest parts. Combined with having everyone bring that 10% chance you are looking at a very fast farm for any one specific thing you want.

Ive been running my rep to buy relic packs.  It sort of depends on your goals.  If you just want ducat trash, do low level endless stuff and rack up tons of low rank relics which can be opened very quickly, all solo if you prefer (its faster solo, in my experience, due to laggy hosts). 

If you want a hard to get part, I found the rep buys to be a good supplement between higher level mission runs.