Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur - Swordsmanship passive

Zarota

Question

So recently i've been trying some fun builds on Warframe, including a tanky/agile, melee based Excalibro.

Now as his 'Swordsmanship' passive mentions;

Excalibur has improved mastery in the Tenno art of the blade, receiving +10% attack speed and +10% damage when dealing melee attacks (including via Exalted Blade) while wielding the following weapons:

Bonuses are additive to mods such as Pressure Point and Fury.

Now if i look at the wiki category on Swords, I see a lot of swords that would benefit from his passive. Though, one of my favorite melee weapons is... *drumroll* Ack & Brunt! Now we all know that Ack is an axe and Brunt a shield (In its default skin). BUT the wiki page for Ack & Brunt clarifies that it's weapon type is actually a Sword & Shield. 

I guess you can feel my question coming. Does anybody know if the Ack & Brunt benefits from the Excalibur Swordsmanship passive?

Haven't had any time to test it myself and ill try this out tonight after i get home from work. That is unless someone could answer this question before i get home!

Thank you for your time!

5 answers to this question

I see, Thanks for the quick reply.

I must add that it is kind of weird that a sword & board type weapon does not benefit from the bonus, but a single sword or double sword does. Lore wise it even makes less sense. Excalibur is a master in the Tenno art of the blade, But since he wears a shield with it he does not master the sword anymore?

It's still a sword!

Edited by Zarota

Not definitively sure, but I'm pretty sure that list, lacking a "sword and shields" entry, means that it does NOT benefit from his passive.

sorta-kinda makes sense, as single swords in this game are sometimes referred to as "Longswords", whereas the sword-and-shield has a "Short-sword". I'm under the impression that there's a difference in how those are wielded.

5 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Not definitively sure, but I'm pretty sure that list, lacking a "sword and shields" entry, means that it does NOT benefit from his passive.

sorta-kinda makes sense, as single swords in this game are sometimes referred to as "Longswords", whereas the sword-and-shield has a "Short-sword". I'm under the impression that there's a difference in how those are wielded.

I've read that somewhere as well (the longsword part). But it still doesn't add up why Ack & Brunt would not recieve a bonus.

Nami Skyla does benefit from it, while Nami is a cutlass and Skyla is a dagger. Dual Ichor? Axes. Dual Kamas? Kamas. Twin Basolk? Hatchets.

No offense towards your post by the way. You did have me thinking about the way they are wielded. Just doesn't adds up for me yet.