Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane helmets break Fashionframe

Mudfam

I'm sure the devs would like too see all arcane helms swept under a rug, but they exist. Some of us get quite OCD about our builds and are not willing to sacrifice the role of our arcane helms for cosmetic purporses. This has always bothered me, more than ever now with the quality of newly released prime frames, skins and cosmetics. I'm honestly greatly relieved when I don't want to use an arcane helm and I can freely customise my frame's looks.

I would suggest a new cosmetic item (bought for platinum of course) that allows us to fuse an arcane helm to another's appearance, giving us access (and reason to buy) a wide range of cosmetics that currently do not match at all with our dated arcane helms. Whatever restrictions (e.g. untradeable, can't be refused) can be applied after the change.

I'm sure some of you consider them unnecessary (true ofc, but irrelevant), or that being ugly just punishment for that horrible breed of "min-maxers", but hey, that's how some of us like to play the game, you don't have to agree and I don't see this doing anyone any favours.

Just now, Godzilla853 said:

They are going to make taking arcanes off cosmetics a free thing.

mudfam is talking about the OLD, old arcanes, where cosmetic helmets used to have a pro and a con, instead of just being cosmetics, these werent arcanes as you know them, but actual stats tied to the helmet.

They still exist and are tradeable, but you cant remove or transfer the stats.

or just remove the 'arcane' from the helmet and make it a normal arcane that can be traded with players, like Arcane Storm, Arcane pendragon 

also, just don't use them if you don't like them. screw the stats, I'll be damned if I ever use an arcane pendragon over mordred, or arcane vespa over my nyx prime helm, or my trin aura helmet over trin p or strega helmets 

Just now, Godzilla853 said:

They are going to make taking arcanes off cosmetics a free thing.

and that's not the arcane the OP is talking about I think >.>

Just now, GinKenshin said:

or just remove the 'arcane' from the helmet and make it a normal arcane that can be traded with players, like Arcane Storm, Arcane pendragon 

also, just don't use them if you don't like them. screw the stats, I'll be damned if I ever use an arcane pendragon over mordred, or arcane vespa over my nyx prime helm, or my trin aura helmet over trin p or strega helmets 

and that's not the arcane the OP is talking about I think >.>

Thats a bad idea, sell the helmets and buy cosmetic helmets instead 

18 minutes ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

mudfam is talking about the OLD, old arcanes, where cosmetic helmets used to have a pro and a con, instead of just being cosmetics, these werent arcanes as you know them, but actual stats tied to the helmet.

They still exist and are tradeable, but you cant remove or transfer the stats.

Oh whoops.

21 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

I wish I was willing to give up my finely tuned builds, but I'm just not. Arcane aura is a good example, I've been itching to buy that strega skin but... but... There's some great tennogen skins and helms I'd like to get too, the only price I'm not willing to pay is having to spoil my beloved builds. I'm not too optimistic of this happening, but I figured it was worth a try, seems to me it's a win win, and no harm done.