Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heskaroid rants about a forced meme

heskaroid

There is a stigma among most of warframe's community, actually a couple of stigmas. Toxicity, scamming people, and other bad things yet there is one thing I cannot grasp over it; Clem.

What is so funny about him? Nothing.

Clem is a mentally defective, stunted lancer who serves no purpose in Warframe. Sure, he represents the fact that Grineer clones can defect from their former superiors and fight the good fight but Clem does it horribly rubbish. I am not implying Grineer defects have no humor in them, they are human, they got feelings, they can cry, laugh, love but being that Clem was born out of a Tumblr (blergh) meme and it was loved so much that DE decided to make him canon, I lost my crap.

Clem represents nothing and DE tries so hard to make him funny, only funny, but they fail. You added a meme into this game, is it fundamental to us? No. Just tell us why you are canonizing non-beneficial memes but no, you don't have the desire to and he will simply stay as an annoying character. You are not making most us laugh, you are simply using Clem as a way of annoying us, he is an old meme and you decide to force him down our throats. Why?

In my opinion, this is not how you handle your game. None of us are perfect, but your decision was very dubious.

I don't despise Datareaper, he has done nothing wrong and i'm pretty sure he didn't expect that move from DE. I am simply criticizing this decision even tho it happened nearly a year or months ago. Memes stay as memes, you don't turn them into canon characters. I don't know why you thought it was a good idea to waste resources on a small quest. 

And please, I want this discussion to be mature even tho this rant looks immature in my perspective.

Edited by heskaroid

Clem was less of a meme than what you're thinking of, prolly. Also he's an adorable lil' thing. He wasn't shoved down your throat, you chose do do the Man of Few Words quest.

So, yeah. Not only that but quite a lot of people fancied the idea of Clem in the game. Sorry that you don't like it (not really), but you just gotta deal with it.

@Rheoidegen That's all?

Do I have to endure DE mentioning this stupid meme 24/7? 

Here's the reality; it's getting old, his humor level is rapidly deteriorating and trying to make him relevant is like kicking a deceased horse. The solution? Abandon him since he serves no relevancy and a poor example of a comic relief. He is going to die soon like any other grineer clones and when people try to revive him it barely gives a heart wave.

Edited by heskaroid

It may be getting old to you, but again: a lot of people love Clem still. I don't mind him but I'm not a huge advocate-- However I do see the appeal.If you've got a problem with it then just quit. Solves the issue of you having to deal with it. And if not, then... Guess you're SoL.

14 minutes ago, Rheoidegen said:

It may be getting old to you, but again: a lot of people love Clem still. I don't mind him but I'm not a huge advocate-- However I do see the appeal.If you've got a problem with it then just quit. Solves the issue of you having to deal with it. And if not, then... Guess you're SoL.

>blind to fact that clem is old, near dead and irrelevant

>"b-but people still love him"

>"if you're tired of a forced unfunny then u can just quit warframe"

I don't get your logic, not even at the slightest.

25 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

>blind to fact that clem is old, near dead and irrelevant

>"b-but people still love him"

>"if you're tired of a forced unfunny then u can just quit warframe"

I don't get your logic, not even at the slightest.

Eh? He is indeed old, although with the amount of activity around him in general he's nowhere near dead. Irrelevant maybe. And my logic is that if you're tired of what to you is unfunny being 'shoved down your throat' as it were, then you could just remove yourself from the community. That's where it all comes from.

Just now, Rheoidegen said:

Eh? He is indeed old, although with the amount of activity around him in general he's nowhere near dead. Irrelevant maybe. And my logic is that if you're tired of what to you is unfunny being 'shoved down your throat' as it were, then you could just remove yourself from the community. That's where it all comes from.

I hope you're aware that telling me to quit this community is purely subjective and therefore, biased.

I'd only quit if DE even mess things up horribly (which is hard for them to do so), but I can expect them to halt this game's developmental progress by shifting their resources and focus on stupid, not-fundamental community memes while notorious issues in the game persist to ruin everyone's experience.

2 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

I hope you're aware that telling me to quit this community is purely subjective and therefore, biased.

I'd only quit if DE even mess things up horribly (which is hard for them to do so), but I can expect them to halt this game's developmental progress by shifting their resources and focus on stupid, not-fundamental community memes while notorious issues in the game persist to ruin everyone's experience.

I wasn't telling you to do anything- I was giving an option. Tired of something within the community? Just stop going onto the forums and watching streams. And it was a mostly throw-away quest that most likely took very little time. And do said issues "ruin everyone's experience"? Please give some examples from the era in which the quest was made.

1 minute ago, Rheoidegen said:

I wasn't telling you to do anything- I was giving an option. Tired of something within the community? Just stop going onto the forums and watching streams. And it was a mostly throw-away quest that most likely took very little time. And do said issues "ruin everyone's experience"? Please give some examples from the era in which the quest was made.

Alright:

Power creep

Broken enemy scaling

Lack of endgame

Oh and the void grinds. Both old and new are pretty bad and I don't have to explain about this.

Just now, heskaroid said:

Alright:

Power creep

Broken enemy scaling

Lack of endgame

Oh and the void grinds. Both old and new are pretty bad and I don't have to explain about this.

All of these are things that can't be solved all in one fell swoop, and they've been hacking away at it as far as I'm aware. It hasn't made it to us yet but fixing things that are so intertwined with the rest of the game doesn't happen overnight. They had to put something out, and they did. They took something that the community liked and added it to the game.

6 minutes ago, Rheoidegen said:

All of these are things that can't be solved all in one fell swoop, and they've been hacking away at it as far as I'm aware. It hasn't made it to us yet but fixing things that are so intertwined with the rest of the game doesn't happen overnight. They had to put something out, and they did. They took something that the community liked and added it to the game.

Reality check: One of them is easy to solve, which one you ask? I say power creep. How do we solve this? Make mid to high tier weapons unique on their own, like special abilities.

And stop making your text look like shrapnel penetrating my eyeballs. 

Then again, DE annoys most of us by focusing more on memes than problems within the game. If they spent at least a couple of months or year without glorifying that stupid meme then the game would become enjoyable.

Edited by heskaroid

1 minute ago, heskaroid said:

Reality check: One of them is easy to solve, which one you ask? I say power creep. How do we solve this? Make mid to high tier weapons unique on their own, likes special abilities.

And stop making your text look like shrapnel penetrating my eyeballs. 

If you've payed attention to recent talk, they're trying to make weapons unique. Although power creep will always be a problem in this game. Maybe there are ways to mitigate it but solve it? Unlikely. Also no.

1 minute ago, Rheoidegen said:

If you've payed attention to recent talk, they're trying to make weapons unique. Although power creep will always be a problem in this game. Maybe there are ways to mitigate it but solve it? Unlikely. Also no.

I have to agree with you for a sec, you can't eliminate power creep. It's like a cancer in the game, incurable but can be repelled. Why couldn't they just introduce new abilities to half of the weapons while also adding that irrelevant quest? If they did that then this thread wouldn't really exist.

Edited by heskaroid

Just now, heskaroid said:

I have to agree with you for a sec, you can't eliminate power creep. It's like a cancer in the game, incurable but can be repelled.

Power creep, nerf. Power creep, nerf. Power creep x3, wait for a few months, nerf. It's pretty much an endless cycle until they change some of the fundamental systems of the game. Even then it'll still be there. But yeah...

2 minutes ago, Rheoidegen said:

Power creep, nerf. Power creep, nerf. Power creep x3, wait for a few months, nerf. It's pretty much an endless cycle until they change some of the fundamental systems of the game. Even then it'll still be there. But yeah...

See? This isn't only about this mentally challenged clone that is going to die in one year or two just like any other Grineer, but how DE handles the game.