The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated server!!

SubjectL

I have several questions about this!

zJDk7.gif

1. Will this work for all platforms? (I mean, If I host a dedicated server, will all other platforms, PC, Xbox, PS be able to use it, or is it just for one platform)

2. Karma points, Will it be named this? 

3. How would the Karma system work!? (I already know about Earning them for uses, and "likes" but this can be abused (Afk'ers in dojos, making new accounts to upvote (Like) the server. etc etc)

4. How would we join? Would it be random, or would it be a lobby type..?

5. Can hosters change the server a little? (e.g. Change people's chat colour, Names, maps, admins (For chat moderation in the server), etc etc)

6. What would we get with karma points? (Since nobody likes exclusive stuff (Most of the warframe community))

7. Will there be a leaderboard for the Karma, or something about dedicated servers?

Other questions - 

dstrawberrygirl : Definitely interested to know what the recommended specs are for hosting a private server

And that's all I can think of.

Like normal, I was not sure where to post this, so if I placed this in the wrong place, then please move it.

When this comes out, I will be 100% hosting!

Thank you for adding this, I cant wait!

Edited by SubjectL
Added somebody's else question!

32 minutes ago, SubjectL said:

5. Can hosters change the server a little? (e.g. Change people's chat colour, Names, maps, admins (For chat moderation in the server), etc etc)

Pretty sure this is a no. You're just hosting a stable place for people to play on, not a private version of Warframe.

20 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Pretty sure this is a no. You're just hosting a stable place for people to play on, not a private version of Warframe.

I guess, but, it would be nice to see that they can have a golden, or rainbow chat colour, so you know that they host it. Just something to make them stand out, but other then that, I 100% agree!

16 minutes ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

Definitely interested to know what the recommended specs are for hosting a private server - my Internet just got upgraded to 200Mbps fiber with fixed IP... :)

I added it to the main post. I would also want to know

I rent a VM, So it would also be nice to know what specs are needed.