Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Like Rpg? Few Suggestions.

BloodWolF

Hi there everyone. This is how I would like you to see Warframe thru my eyes. So please let your imagination go wild and image all those things I wrote under.

Number ONE

Character customization.

Thru all those games I playd the ones that keept me for longer time had character customization or some other options that would allow me to express as player. The more we put effert to our in game look the more we will play it. Yeah right do Tenno are humans? Yes they are! Here is proof https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/56698-more-personalization-options-human-head-helmets/page-3'>Link! So similar customization options to the ones that EVE or APB have would be nice. Because we are pilots behind our Warframes right? Say NO to gender specific Warframes!

Number TWO

Me and MY story.

So something like main quest gives people reason to play the game how it should be not only hardcore farming mats and stuff. More in game movies? Maybe some options to choose my path? Yes all this would give player feel like they are in game. Something like solo instances for main plot to keep difficulty under control?

Number THREE

Pilot mastery.

Ok so we have those Mastery LVLs but beside allowing usage of weapons they don't give a thing. My suggestion add some kind of skill tree that would allow player to express their play style aside those skills on currently worn Warframe. Ninja wanna be would get some stealth skills boosts like smaller detection radius or something (silent steps?) maybe some small multiplier for stealth attacks? "Rambo" wannabies would get shield and health multipliers to choose from. And mages... power pool multipliers, skill power multiliers and maybe some power gain? There is planty of options in this section. Don't just grind mats all day long but gain your own pilot experience!

Number FOUR

Dynamic environment.

Ok we have this parkour activities but they are used only in certain places. Maybe some hollow floors/walls which would force player to use his/her parkour skills to save his/her &#!? Lines are great but... why we need to stop to use them? I want to run narrow corridor and jump on that line to avoid explosion! Slide to edge and grab it to avoid falling in to depths! MORE action mean, MORE adrenalinę and MORE we get it, MORE pleasure we feel (I know this sentence sounds ridiculous). But realy Warframe isn't just point click, use skill game!

Number FIVE

Bigger enemys.

Yes I know we have Ancients but something bigger wouldn't hurt especially when you would need to run over it to hit those weakspots. Realy those flat arenas of battlefield can't compare with runing over huge enemy avoiding his sure kill attacks.

Number SIX

Weapon/Warframe mod customization.

Another show off idea. Have you ever asked yourself why Borderlands have such popularity? Because of story? Don't think so... they created almost unlimited weapon database. We don't need that much but still instaled mods affecting weapon visualization would be nice. Same goes for Warframes. More in this subject in my other post https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/66431-mods-model-customization/#entry699314'>here! For more badass weapons use platinium skins!

Number SEVEN

PvP and resource struggle.

Aside those simple minded DM and Team DM. What about Sabotage Runs? One key seen on minimap and 5 consoles to hack so you can archive victory? No ultis and Warframe/Weapon mod lvl set to avoid one hit kills. System similar to one GW2. Resource struggle for clans to show who got skills out there! Defined time battles over mines and crucial places to satisfy hardcore team players.

Update:

How I see this system. Example: Player lvls are downgraded to lets say 10lvl. Our Warframe (unpowered Volt) have 15lvl and instaled: 3rd lvl Shock (3 points), 2nd lvl speed (3 points), 4th lvl Focus (10 points decreased by polarity to 5 points) and unleveled Redirection.

Now lets do the math.

3 out of 15 will be 20%

4 out of 15 will be 26.7%

5 out of 15 will be 33.(3)%

Our Warframe is half time higher then lvl cap so it's 50%. And we have instaled 4 mods.

Shock will be decreased by 10% (because it fills only 20% of current Warframe point limit) same goes for Speed. 13.35% decrease on Redirection (34.66% shield increase) and 16.65% reduction on Focus (20.84% dmg increase)

Number EIGHT

3D Vision.

For those who wanna feel deeper experiance of in game actions. Not hard to apply but gives realy much better gameplay experiance.

Number NINE

More chat options.

You know finding wispers in chat flow is realy difficult... Maybe add few more chat windows? Player created chats with simple search option? Unused/unpopular(1 person chats) would be wiped everyday?

Number TEN

Weapon setup.

Now we must have ONE melee, ONE sidearm and ONE primary weapon equiped. Little not fair for those who have more then 3 weapons in inventory and can choose from. Let us define what weapons we wanna use in missions! Where is point of having sidearm when I could use Glaive or Kestrel in that place? More to read https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/66799-more-weapon-setup-options/#entry704736'>here and https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/66452-melee-weapon-placement/#entry699830'>here.

Number ELEVEN

Already been there, seen that...

Archivments are realy great gameplay absorbers. Try so many times just to get desired trophy! Titles and other stuff seems nice also! Example: Finish Themisto mission alone = Golem Crusher title?

Number TWELVE

Enemy power.

Something seen in D3. Switch where you can set invidual difficulty lvl on every map you choose. Lets say 0>10 for example giving +0 > +10 enemy lvl on selected map. Higher difficulty means better drop/exp lets say +0 > +10% ? No one would complain about too easy maps when he/she can rise enemy lvl.

That's all for now. Please don't criticize my ideas because it's just my point of view, one of many. Think you can do it better write it shere with us :)

Edited by Anashea

It's been said in almost every pvp related thread that they're not worrying themselves with it atm the game wasn't mean to pvp they had no intent of adding it when making the game.Adding any pvp in it now would just call for almost remaking every warframe and weapon to be fair in pvp.

Most of the things except customization sounds like you're trying to change warframe into something it isn't.If you want to more like borderlands,gw2,apb go play those this one actually has a unique system to it unlike every other free to play game whether it be shooter or rpg.If you want more rpg elements go play one warframe isn't one that's why I like it at least and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.I don't hate rpgs but they get old fast sense everything system in them is about the same.Lore is being worked on so that's being taken care of and I hope it's actually interesting unlike most ftp rpg's.The pilot mastery would make mods obsolete since that's what they're there for customizing your warframe and weapons to your play style.Bigger enemies sure and the mod costimization is already in the game ? mods already make melle weapons look differant and i'm glad the guns don't do the same borderlands had a kind of humorous wtf look to most of it's guns that wouldn't fit in warframe it's supposed to look sleek and futuristic.It all really seems like you're trying to make a co-op shooter game into a mmorpg which would ruin the game.

#1 : Has been expressed in multiple posts already concerning skins / lore elements.

#2 : Lore missions, or "Story missions," as you called them are being worked on.

#3 : Refer to this. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/66119-harmony-skill-based-rewards-for-high-level-frames/?hl=harmony

#4 : That'd be a huge project for DE to work on, and with all the things already implemented that need work I don't see it happening anytime soon if ever.

#5 : There currently are two, "Giant enemies," and DE is working on implementing more.

#6 : I completely agree with this, except the platinum part. Don't try to make this p2w.

#7 : This is a PvE game, not PvP. DE has already talked about this and for now dojo duels are as far as it's going. 

#8 : When is the last time you coded a game to accept 3D functionality to know that it's "Not that hard."?

#9 : Already many threads about this under UI suggestions. 

#10 : Just no. Primary / Secondary / Melee. That's how it is and has been for a vast majority of games and it works, don't try to fix or improve something not broken.

Not criticizing, just replying. 

Realy great ideas out there.

#6 : I completely agree with this, except the platinum part. Don't try to make this p2w.

Not p2w I just mentioned that current skins could also look better with mod visualization.

Edited by Anashea

I agree with the previous speaker. This game needs to be improved because it still lacks basic elementary things I would say in some cases, which should already have from the very beginning (WTT, treasury, more tools for clan chief).

Edited by MaSuTaRo

My small point:

I want to play melee only.. want to leave my Gun in inventory and running around map using power and my melee weapons.. same with rifle/pistols... or even without any weapons..

Edited by Dreed

That's why I wrote #10. Now we are forced to use similar looking weapon sets. No propper specialization like melee fighter or gunner. We must be "Jack of all trades" in DE opinion :(

Right now game ends for players who playd every Warframe and handled every weapon. No long term objectives found :( Adding more and more weapons/frames just delay unavoidable drainage of players who had it all.

Edited by Anashea