Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I keep wondering why DE keeps struggling against what it has evolved to; an Idler

dashashou

That's exactly what Warframe needs to stay away from. This idea that we should just stand around, passively leveling, passively gaining resources/mods/frames/experience/credits while the game plays itself like a video we watch and occasionally interact with. To me that type of game is garbage. To many companies in today's gaming industry make flashy graphics, long winded video displays, and auto dialogue with multiple choice response (1,2,3-A,B,C) point and click player interaction- to disguise the fact that they have little to no core substance or gameplay value. Garbage. These are games we see being called AAA+ titles with 60$ price tags and lots of advertisement and pretty posters. However what they don't have is substantive content, depth, replayability, or worthwhile entertainment value. 

NO, Warframe is not this Idler you refer to. It's why I protest the changes that make the game into easy speed runs, free giveaways of resources and elements of the game without any effort, I protest auto complete missions, mechanics that tolerate ignoring the content while giving maximum rewards, I reject filler movies and dialogue options that do nothing to further the quality and entertainment value of the game. It seems that far to many people want those things, they want it to play like one of those tablet games they download from google play store, click and watch the video, occasionally press a button to respond and tell it to continue. It's as if some people want the company to pay them for the courtesy of downloading the game. as if COD was the benchmark of interactive video....absent the game. 

Just like how parents know what's best for their children and feed them a healthy meal rather than just cake and candy despite the child's crying. It's alarming how entitled and spoiled the player base has become despite the fact that this is a FREE game. It boggles my mind that some players actually sent death threats to DE over changing Carrier. Some others actually sounded indignant over some issues they felt should be addressed, as if they were the company's CEO! Listening to your players' demands too often can ruin a game (WoW, Warhammer, GW) and end up being worse than what the game's devs had intended. Players know what they want, but usually not what they NEED. So while you're sitting there, in the middle of your next rage script to DE for whatever perceived slight they have wrought against you, try to keep in mind that this game wasn't made with the individual whinings of millions of butthurt nerds at heart. If you have to resort to idling and being a leech, then you should probably just go find yourself another game that rewards you incrementally for sitting around doing nothing. Maybe this is something that today's parents have ingrained into their spoiled children. Sit around and do nothing, here's a reward! Congratulations!