Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chromas wings

erny0507

Please DE, make an augment for Effigy that lets us have the wings, us not the sentry pelt, since the day i saw them in a teammate long ago, like a year ago, i want them. When i realize that the wings are not on us but the sentry i was so sad, but you can still make it happen, please DE let us have the wings!. Thank you for taking your time and reading this post.

Just now, Glitch_Kitten said:

they'd block the camera if they were out, and if they were to be rearranged in a manner in which they dont, they wouldn't be satisfying to look at

In mirages 1 if the camera is blocked by the clones, the parts of the clones that block become see through

Just now, erny0507 said:

In mirages 1 if the camera is blocked by the clones, the parts of the clones that block become see through

yeah but the wings would always block the camera, because they come out of its back and are frankly quite large, so you'd always have that see through circle thingy

1 minute ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

yeah but the wings would always block the camera, because they come out of its back and are frankly quite large, so you'd always have that see through circle thingy

yet is fine in mirage and she is surrounded by 4 clones, man is fine!

Would the wings actually let you fly? If so that'd be pretty cool but I don't really see a point in it, like, I get Titan's ultimate allowing her to fly because she's meant ot be a fairy frame, and I know Chroma is meant to be a dragon frame but his effigy is the flying part of the dragon frame. An effigy augment would be cool, maybe one that let's you control rather the pelt follows you from place to place OR stays stationary, some control over that would be nice.

I think it could be done with a camera/FoV change on activation but, honestly, that would not be enough. He needs his kit adjusted a bit first. Spectral Scream needs to not do pitiful damage (since that's the source of Effigy's attack power right there), and Vex armor needs to let us refresh the duration without losing the buff. For wearing his Effigy pelt, he'd need to have control of the AoE stun + the ragdoll attack, which would be very powerful if someone knew what they were doing, so those would probably cost energy to use, and they'd probably be weaker than the normal version. 

As for functionality, I think real flight would be out of the question. But the Rule of Cool dictates it'd be awful nice if he hovered around at ground level at walking speed while it was active. Like how Effigy floats now, but moving around. 

Alternatively, the pelt could follow him or stay put on his orders, just like an NPC ally/specter does. That'd also be cool.

1 hour ago, LightningsVengance said:

Would the wings actually let you fly? If so that'd be pretty cool but I don't really see a point in it, like, I get Titan's ultimate allowing her to fly because she's meant ot be a fairy frame, and I know Chroma is meant to be a dragon frame but his effigy is the flying part of the dragon frame. An effigy augment would be cool, maybe one that let's you control rather the pelt follows you from place to place OR stays stationary, some control over that would be nice.

I dont think so, maybe a buff?, like the wings are channeling energy to your guns or melee.. or something...

21 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

He needs his kit adjusted a bit first. Spectral Scream needs to not do pitiful damage (since that's the source of Effigy's attack power right there), and Vex armor needs to let us refresh the duration without losing the buff. For wearing his Effigy pelt, he'd need to have control of the AoE stun + the ragdoll attack, which would be very powerful if someone knew what they were doing, so those would probably cost energy to use, and they'd probably be weaker than the normal version. (Agree this 1 and 4 need some changes)

As for functionality, I think real flight would be out of the question.(Agree too, flying is not his thing, but still i want him to have his wings out)  But the Rule of Cool dictates it'd be awful nice if he hovered around at ground level at walking speed while it was active. Like how Effigy floats now, but moving around. 

2 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

ohsnap that'd be awesome, or maybe guaranteed status chance on all abilities?

mmm i think that his 1 should have that by default (high status chance), also I would prefer a stronger bonus :P

Edited by erny0507

1 minute ago, Im_The_Real_Dirty_Dan said:

Well, I'm sure they could just make the Effigy ult just be on the castor, like the augment for nyx's absorb. but as far as the wings being on Chroma, that would be more customization based rather than an augment.  

That would be great. I would choose to have the wing out always

Yeah, that'd be good for spectral scream (also some more damage/DPS on that would be nice) and how about the wings have a chance to "break off" and deal an elemental blast damage? e.g ice freezing and doing blast damage, toxic doing blast and toxic damage (of course only a small piece would break off, nothing that won't regenerate)