Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma'ing - Concerning Mastery

CH33F

I know that DE has made it so that Forma'd weapons don't give mastery, but I don't thik that's really necessary. People have put a lot of time and maybe even money into those weapons, and they should get a return on that, not just the new polarity. I think we should get 1/2 mastery each time, resulting in this:

1st Forma: Warframe - 100 master/rank Weapons - 50 mastery/rank

2nd Forma: Warframe - 50 mastery/rank Weapons - 25 mastery/rank

3rd Forma: Warframe - 25 mastery/rank Weapons - 10 mastery/rank

4th+ Forma: Warframe - 10 mastery/rank Weapons - 10 mastery/rank

This way, players can still advance while using their favorite warframe/weapons. It is slower progression than using a new weapon/warframe, but it's a lot better than what we have now. Because currently there is no incentive to play with your maxed out warframe than to go high-level Voiding or soloing Xini to wave 50. There is literally no progression there, unless you want to keep indefinitely forma'ing until you have tons of polarities. I think this would make people much more inclined to keep using their level 30 weapons and warframes, and it would keep them progressing.

mastery level is essentially game completion. you can run around with the stuff you want at any time you'd like. once you've mastered something you a master at it and cant just master a master. chess masters gain nothing from playing people significantly lower. mastery of arms is the same. and hey maybe mastering that S#&$ weapon you hate will give you an appreciation for it by the time your done. and you will have mastered that weapon. mastery is the reason i love the grakata. hated it until like level 28 found i loved it and potatoed that #@*&$@ and now its my favorite weapon. it started as the one i hated most (for primaries).

so no the mastery system is fine as is. forma your favorite and primary stuff but you shouldn't gain mastery more then you gain from anything else.

your suggestion is short sighted and selfish.

it prevents new weapons going straight into the dead content section.

sometimes a little thinking before posting an idea can go a long ways.

Since you're  just gonna say the same thing everyone else has ill just copy paste my stock post for these threads.

Maybe if they actually made a progression system for weapons this might not be a problem. Make more weapons rank restricted. Then, you could use weapons until you unlock a new one. You could use that one until you unlock the next one. But you can't do that with the current system, if you like the weapon you have. You're forced, literally forced to use a different weapon to level up. That shouldn't be the case. You should have the option of using your current gear, or getting a new one, not being forced to get a new one. And not everyone has those 'OMG I never realized this weapon actually was kind of good!', they're probably going to quit long before then. They wouldn't need to use weapons that they hate because of my system.

I think people will start to complain about pay to win if this got implemented.

Buy a forma, no limits to more mastery.

Buy a forma and you'll be one of the top ranking players.

Hardly, the top ranking players are the people that spend the most time in game. You can buy forma but you still have to get it to level 30 before doing so and if anything weapons are capable without forma. At the end of the day the name of the game is progression and even if there is no content capable of handling our weapons once we've spent that much time on them then it doesn't really matter as new content is always around the corner. 

Once new content comes out that's harder everyone's going to want to be able to get stronger so why not start planning for it now. halving the mastery rank each time deals with the whole faster leveling because of polarity slots thing and I do like the idea of being able to just level one weapon until I'm Godly with it aka My bow :D

I think I'm for this idea now as it goes.

Hardly, the top ranking players are the people that spend the most time in game. You can buy forma but you still have to get it to level 30 before doing so and if anything weapons are capable without forma. At the end of the day the name of the game is progression and even if there is no content capable of handling our weapons once we've spent that much time on them then it doesn't really matter as new content is always around the corner. 

Once new content comes out that's harder everyone's going to want to be able to get stronger so why not start planning for it now. halving the mastery rank each time deals with the whole faster leveling because of polarity slots thing and I do like the idea of being able to just level one weapon until I'm Godly with it aka My bow :D

Oh no thats not what I mean. I meant top mastery ranks. Yes time and commitment is surely needed. But imagine the free players who can't buy formas and can only farm void keys to farm formas (or if they are lucky, through the login rewards), they will never get as high ranking as the players who bought formas no matter how much time they spent. 

I like this idea too, but I can imagine the amount of complaints coming along if it gets implemented. 

Free players aren't really relevant.  But at the moment, mastery rank is only meaningful because of the weapons that require mastery rank, and the fact that mastery rank has a definite limit that correlates to how many weapons you've completed.  By gaining an indefinite amount of mastery for each Forma, the limit is gone.  Considering DE couldn't resist the temptation of giving clan weapons  rank requirements of as high as 7, when Hek was the previous peak at 4, what will happen when mastery rank has no limit?

1st Forma: Warframe - 100 master/rank Weapons - 50 mastery/rank
2nd Forma: Warframe - 50 mastery/rank Weapons - 25 mastery/rank
3rd Forma: Warframe - 25 mastery/rank Weapons - 10 mastery/rank
4th+ Forma: Warframe - 10 mastery/rank Weapons - 10 mastery/rank

Just so you know, after maxing a 4-Forma'd item, the total Mastery XP would be 95% of having maxed only one new item.

And from there, you'd need to max and Forma ten times to get the same mastery as maxing one new item.  That wouldn't give much benefit to players who Forma a single weapon.

However, do you know who would benefit?  Players who've hoarded a pile of maxed weapons/warframes.  With formas, they could easily increase their total mastery XP by 50% (equivalent to some 30-40 weapons, maybe?) just by releveling everything they already have.  Meanwhile, players who've maxed and sold old weapons/warframes would need to buy, build and max old equipment two times (first to max the unforma'd weapon so that it can be forma'd), to get that same experience.

You also need to answer what happens if someone has several of the same type of weapon and forma'd them differently.  Could you just build new warframes and forma them, getting 3,000 mastery exp for each forma?

solution: get the mastery like everyone else before the new content arrives.