Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies & Mods

Pres

Has the idea of enemies using mods been talked about before? Something akin to modifiers enemies can have in certain RPGs.

I think it might be something worth looking into as it could add more personality to "same type" enemies within different planets or level ranges. Current enemy scaling fails to add a fun/terror factor to the much higher level enemies.

Mods the enemies would use could vary by the planet or faction the mob is in. Obviously, not all enemies would have mods in use and the more deadly mods would be only seen in much higher levels. Stuff like level 80+ Ancients with Reach or Sprint? Christ. Multishot Railgun Moas or Puncture [any gunner] would scare people in Snow Globes.

I'm not sure about what the distribution pool would be for how common a mod would be, but it'd be neat to see enemies using elemental damage, sprint, handspring, fire rate and the likes.

I'm thinking something like 10*modCost in minimum levels for an enemy to have said mod in use, to keep lower level players safe. Some could have two or more mods, if high level enough or using lower level mods. Obviously, not every enemy would have one in effect and the mods' efficiency would be cut to like a quarter or something to keep them from dealing 2x damage or having 3x health. Maybe some enemies could even have negative effect multipliers and end up weaker, for extra variety. Not sure how common modded enemies should be though.

...Modded bosses/Stalker once you've beaten them enough times?