The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I think Mission Builder is one of the most outstanding things DE has revealed all year.

Brynslustafir

10 minutes ago, Shifted said:

But if mission builder is supposed to be part of endgame content for veterans then as a veteran (I guess I am) I think I'm allowed to express what I think.

Of course. And so can I.  :)

10 minutes ago, Shifted said:

But if you can have 'fun' AND be rewarded doing something else in game... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep! The problem, I think, is the absolute language. Saying "it's completely pointless" is objectively wrong for anyone who enjoys the gameplay, but saying "it'd be nice if there were rewards too" is completely reasonable. I agree I'd enjoy having some neat rewards. I just object to the extreme absolute language. People use it frequently on the forums, and say things like "ash is going to be totally useless" and "there's no challenge at all in this game" when what they mean is "ash seems like he might be less useful" and "this game seems too easy at times." So I tend to argue with those statements, even though I probably shouldn't.

honestly this metacomplaint about repitition and grind is part of a larger problem in warframe. people want their rewards fast and loose without having to spend time to get it which is what de accommodated now people find the game boring, specifically because they removed all of the obstacles, the challenge. 

the new mission generator is a great idea. when people realize they cant use it to cheese run for loot theyll complain as usual that the game is broken because they have to still run missions multiple times to get something. as it should be. the mission builder should not be another means to bypass the game. it should be another way to approach the game, to play the game, to be entertained. thats what the game is for.