Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really Cool Idea For The Grappling Hook Situation.

philleapa

Okay so i finally found a solution to this Grappling hook thing between it being a melee or it being a warframe mod or whatever other crazy and awesome ideas other people have had about this new feature which i can say that i am looking forward too. 

Once they overhaul the artifact system and they change them into mod cards if they do give them their own slot i believe that the grappling hook should go in that slot as a pseudo-artifact because it shouldn't be dropped from alert or as a mod drop but it should be like a craftable weapon or warframe but in this case a craftable card that you would put into your artifact slot if they decide to go with the route of giving artifacts their own slots. 

LETS GO STEVE YOU CAN WIN THIS AND GET OUR ARTIFACTS THEIR OWN SLOTS!

Only time i am not rooting for scott on an issue or on changing a warframe or a weapon or a part of the game for that matter. :)

Please let me know if you guys think that would be a good idea if they do decide to give artifacts their own slots, I really hope one of the Devs Sees this as well. Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

I wouldn't even mind if the devs made grappling a core mechanic in the game like wall running is. It would enable the level designers to really stretch their creativity down the line without worrying that only potential a fraction of their players will have the ability to grapple..But I understand the devs may be thinking grappling should be a perk players need to earn. But I think its a good idea to have grappling be an artifact mod that way the entire squad benefits.

Edited by Rapidx

Too bad artifacts are essentially a different concept: they give the whole team a minor buff, not an extra useful movement ability.

I'd much rather all warframes can use the grapple as a standard and then there's 1 or 2 mods to improve the grapple if you wish (just like everyone can sprint and for those who want there's sprint mods).

Or second best imo, grapple is a power mod every warframe can equip instead of one of his own and it consumes some energy to use.

I simply hope this will not see the light of day (the grappling hook, not ur idea OP ;-) )

It will make all "mobility skills" useless, giving an inner advantages to frame who doesnt have them but can still perform the same thx to it.

(ie: what's the point to superjump/teleport/wormhole if everyone has a hook?!)

what's the point to superjump/teleport/wormhole if everyone has a hook?!

That's indeed an issue.

Super jump and Bounce will become obsolete (though they are a bit already with wallrunning).

Teleport and Switch teleport have a very long reach, but will somewhat overlap too.

I'm personally more concerned about wallrunning becoming obsolete which will happen if the grapple's range is too long. But I'll love the grapple if it works while you are on a wall, in the air and even more if after grappling a wall I can seamlessly start a wallrun.

I'd prefer a whole new section for mobility mods maybe only 1 slot, with grappling hook being the first one. That way we can stretch the boundary's of mobility. 

Quick Ex.  Defy Gravity(limited uses/range) = While running you click the mobility button (whatever grappling hook uses), that changes the direction of gravity where your mouse is pointed shifting you to that area, letting you run on walls past swarms of infested, and even wall-run on the ceiling until it runs out. Maybe 8 seconds, with a 45 second cool down?

Imagine for a second, you come to a room full of infested and you start engaging them, while someone on your team runs by you on the wall just laying into them, then going into a ceiling run almost right above you, then his gravity shifts, and he falls, while doing so they use their ability to clear the rest. Doesn't that sound awesome?

Anyway's just a quick rough example of some type of mobility mods we could think up, that would add some fun/challenging aspects to the game. 

Edited by F43AK

I wouldn't even mind if the devs made grappling a core mechanic in the game like wall running is. It would enable the level designers to really stretch their creativity down the line without worrying that only potential a fraction of their players will have the ability to grapple..But I understand the devs may be thinking grappling should be a perk players need to earn. But I think its a good idea to have grappling be an artifact mod that way the entire squad benefits.

I don't think you understood what I meant, in the latest live stream where they showed the grappling hook from 1 days work they also said that they were gonna overhaul the whole artifact system and turn them into mod cards that you can equip on your warframe, scott wants it to be a warframe mod that works like any other warframe mod, and steve wants it to have its own slot where you equip your artifact mod, so if your the only one in your team with energy siphon you can max energy siphon out like any other mod and equip it while only you would get the energy regen because it is equipped to your warframe solely not as a team artifact.

I simply hope this will not see the light of day (the grappling hook, not ur idea OP ;-) )

It will make all "mobility skills" useless, giving an inner advantages to frame who doesnt have them but can still perform the same thx to it.

(ie: what's the point to superjump/teleport/wormhole if everyone has a hook?!)

Well a grappling hook needs some skill to use, I am hoping its not a batman style grappling hook where it takes you anywhere, i am hoping its the type of grappling hook where you have to use momentum and a combos of wall runs and backflips to get to a place, so not a simple click and hold and your magically at that area that would ruin the game and if thats what they are going to make it then they should stop right away with it since we don't need everyone hopping across the map in one click you need to combo some  of those wall runs backflips and stuff if you wanna cross a map in a short amount of time.

That's indeed an issue.

Super jump and Bounce will become obsolete (though they are a bit already with wallrunning).

Teleport and Switch teleport have a very long reach, but will somewhat overlap too.

I'm personally more concerned about wallrunning becoming obsolete which will happen if the grapple's range is too long. But I'll love the grapple if it works while you are on a wall, in the air and even more if after grappling a wall I can seamlessly start a wallrun.

This is again assuming that its a grappling hook to get you anywhere you want not a realist grappling hook that requires a lot of work and a lot of momentum to make it work with combos of wall runs and backflips rather than a point and click mechanic with unlimited range where you go anywhere you want with no effort.

The amount of *@##$ing about a mechanic they haven't even implimented yet is staggering.

The only info we have is from a video of a single days work!

Could you at least wait until it's out!?

This is just an idea, in the past people have influenced parts of the game, it being weapons design or a certain game mechanic, I believe the reaper prime scythe was based on some artwork of a player of the game so this is just an idea

Let me just say this one time, my whole idea is based on an overhaul of the current artifact system which when all artifacts will be changed into mod cards and me going off the assumption that they will get their own spot and the will be a specialized warframe mod that goes into its own spot,

AND I am not talking about a grappling hook where you point and click and you fly up there, I am talking about a grappling hook that works with the current wall running system rather than making it obsolete which is what most of the people think, I mean imagine if you were able to combo a swing around a corner using your grappling hook and then combo it with a wall run and then do the quick wall jump (when you start a wall run but let go of the space bar making you jump extremely far in a horizontal direction and a little bit in a vertical direction) then combo it with another grappling hook to swing again and continue your combo rather just doing a series of wall runs and swings to get across the map rather than the boring run run run run slide........................................................... run run run run slide.................................................................

This is just an idea, in the past people have influenced parts of the game, it being weapons design or a certain game mechanic, I believe the reaper prime scythe was based on some artwork of a player of the game so this is just an idea

Let me just say this one time, my whole idea is based on an overhaul of the current artifact system which when all artifacts will be changed into mod cards and me going off the assumption that they will get their own spot and the will be a specialized warframe mod that goes into its own spot,

AND I am not talking about a grappling hook where you point and click and you fly up there, I am talking about a grappling hook that works with the current wall running system rather than making it obsolete which is what most of the people think, I mean imagine if you were able to combo a swing around a corner using your grappling hook and then combo it with a wall run and then do the quick wall jump (when you start a wall run but let go of the space bar making you jump extremely far in a horizontal direction and a little bit in a vertical direction) then combo it with another grappling hook to swing again and continue your combo rather just doing a series of wall runs and swings to get across the map rather than the boring run run run run slide........................................................... run run run run slide.................................................................

Sorry, I'm getting kind of reactionary thanks to another thread that was just non-stop "Waahhh, if you add a grapple I'm done forever! Waaaaaaah!" I apologize for taking it out on you.

Hate is the scythe based on fan art :)

If they can get swing physics in here it would be AMAZINING! MINDBLOGGING AMAZINING!

We would NEED a jungle tileset so I can go all Tarzan on some Grineer asses.

Sorry, I'm getting kind of reactionary thanks to another thread that was just non-stop "Waahhh, if you add a grapple I'm done forever! Waaaaaaah!" I apologize for taking it out on you.

Hate is the scythe based on fan art :)

If they can get swing physics in here it would be AMAZINING! MINDBLOGGING AMAZINING!

We would NEED a jungle tileset so I can go all Tarzan on some Grineer asses.

Its alright no harm done all I want is for when people to read this to think of new game physics where you have to work on it and actually gain momentum to use it properly and sadly the grinner tileset will be a desert tileset but imagine if we go into one of their giant buildings swinging across and jumping on them slamming them down on the grow and killing them with the new hand to hand weapon the Kogake

Edit : fixed misspelling of new weapon Kogake

Edited by philleapa

not that cool.. i don't wanna give up my rejuvenation :(

They are overhauling the whole artifact system so they are mod cards so you would be able to have both on if they make them use a warframe mod slot so meaning you can have rejuvenation, energy siphon all at same time but using up 2 mod slots