Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I make Warframe portable on a USB stick ?

GrymkND

Question

I have a 32GB USB stick which probably be enough for the game. So I ran the installer, chose the installation directory as the USB and then let it finished downloading the game. Then I noticed that I have most of the game files on the stick, but there's also a small part of the game located in the Appdata/Local folder, which contains the Launcher.exe. So I haven't figured it out how to deal with it. Cany anyone help me?

4 answers to this question

in order to make Warframe 'portable', you'd need to also copy the Appdata Folder as well as the relevant Registry Entries (in an executable Registry file).
and then paste the Appdata Folder in the appropriate location as well as execute the necessary Registry Entries.

Just now, taiiat said:

in order to make Warframe 'portable', you'd need to also copy the Appdata Folder as well as the relevant Registry Entries (in an executable Registry file).
and then paste the Appdata Folder in the appropriate location as well as execute the necessary Registry Entries.

I'm noob in tech so can you guide step by step? I got the copy Appdata folder part. 

you will need to find the entries in your Registry, and export an executable Registry File that will apply those Entries.

2npnrR5.png

and this should be what you're looking for.

LRdgoME.png
rm6uvCE.png

to be sure that you haven't missed anything important, searching the Registry for 'Warframe' or similar terms can help a lot with that. (you don't need every hit however, just the ones that point the Launcher to where to look for the game files if you run it on another Computer - obviously make sure you put the game files where that Entry will point to! you can change where it points easily, they just need to match, it doesn't matter where you actually put the files)

once you've done that, you'll have an executable Registry File that will paste the Registry Entries in.

92Ig1ON.png

if you're looking to move around the Steam version of Warframe though, it's simpler since you just need the game files and the Appmanifest file for Warframe and Steam will(should) figure out the rest.
Appdata holds various game settings as well as what's stored in your Gear Wheel though, so you do still need to bring that around no matter what.

Edited by taiiat