Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your soul is mine!

Lunaticked

...this is what I think of when the Tenno 'capture' prisoners. The first words out of my friend's mouth when he captured one were "Jesus Christ that is ****ed up..."

I'm just wondering why it's so...graphic. "Good work. The prisoner is safely in our hands." Literally. They were disinitegrated and absorbed into the Tenno's hand.

PERSONALLY I'm kind of a fan of how outright deranged the entire experience is, but I'm hoping some spot of lore comes out that says "It's perfectly safe! Everyone gets cake and ice cream when they are reconstituted!" rather than "The Tenno disintegrates the prisoner into nothing, absorbing their essence into it's own being, imprisoning its very SOUL rather than its pathetic, squishy body."

I like this thread and how you thought about the capture missions :D But when Tenno do the "hand thing" don't they just teleport the prisoner somewhere? Lotus says the prisoner is safely in our hands, maybe he ended up somewhere on the mothership? He has to be rebuilt somewhere if Lotus wants to ask questions.

It is possible that they just digitize them and once they reach the Tenno base they just download him into a computer and pick his memories apart, even possibly removing entire memories or even implanting false memories before they "rebuild" him/her. Or they could just teleport them, either way we never learn what happens once we retrieve our targets.

It is as she says, he IS safely in our hands :D But it is really scary if you imagine yourself as one of the captured, I mean you're walking there in the room hearing all these screams of your protectors dying and then a creature that looks like a spawn out of your worst nightmare walks in, shoots the sh** out of you or slices you up, gives you a redefinition of pain while converting you to atoms and the next thing you know it's all dark.

I just traumatized myself while writing this. I will never again do a capture mission.

It is as she says, he IS safely in our hands :D But it is really scary if you imagine yourself as one of the captured, I mean you're walking there in the room hearing all these screams of your protectors dying and then a creature that looks like a spawn out of your worst nightmare walks in, shoots the sh** out of you or slices you up, gives you a redefinition of pain while converting you to atoms and the next thing you know it's all dark.

I just traumatized myself while writing this. I will never again do a capture mission.

This is exactly why i do capture missions !

If we can teleport the prisoner out, why can't we teleport ourselves out??

probly this is why he is screaming the longer the distance the teleport the more painful (feal sorry for the guy on hydra pluto missions XD

i love the screams personaly, cut him up with my dagger a lil bit then de materalize his body with a terable scream just makes me feal all warm and fuzzy inside...did i type that or was i just thinking it

I was on Teamspeak with some friends playing this, we were introducing a friend to the game.

I was Rhino, friend was Excalibur and another friend was Loki.

I run through the door shouting "RHINO STRONK!" and the Loki moves in a chops him up. We stand towering above our captive, his desperate eyes finding no mercy from our faces void of expression.

"Yeah, just go up to him and press X." The Loki says.

"Oh, ok! Thanks." The Excalibur replies.

He absorbs the prisoner and we play the rest of the misson in silence. That is, until we get to extraction, where he whispers "Oh god I'm the bad guy I knew it I'm a monster" very quietly.

If you change this sound, I will come to DE offices and RHINO STRONK you all. I love it, it adds a nice bucketful of grim into an otherwise "YEAH LET'S SAVE THE GALAXY WITH FRIENDSHIP, MAGIC AND SWORDS" setting.

This is one of my favourite parts! I get to do the scream over mumble to my team every time!

Our group has been playing for a bit now, long enough that Lotus' comments are becoming very tiresome.

Lotus: "A heavy unit is approaching!"

Excalibur: "I'll show you a heavy unit."

Volt: "That's what she said..."

Loki: "...Anyways"

So most have turned their ai voices off only to find out shortly after that they no longer get to hear the our prisoners lamenting cries. So a deal was struck that I am to take over as the voice actor of screams. Now I get to re-enact that blood curdling scream a few times a night!