Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Messed up normals from 3D Coat - Need help

ScorchedIce

I'm going to be concise, these is how my model with normals looks, in 3D Coat:

6O2jX7x.jpg

When i load the baked normals and everything in the TennoGen tool, or SketchFab, for some reason the normals are sort of... inverted, right at the middle:

lz1VESs.jpg

So... what should i do? i really really need help. Please if someone can help, tell me if i need to upload more stuff

18 hours ago, Quarinah said:

did you try flipping the green channel? 

I haven't, although i didn't know that was a thing until you mentioned it, gonna try that.

Edit: Tried it, and the problem persists. It should be noted i guess, that i simply flipped the green channel in photoshop.

Edited by ScorchedIce

13 hours ago, Quarinah said:

in case you did the editing in zbrush, you might need to flip the whole texture vertically because zbrush exports them upside down, if this is not the case, check the UVs, maybe you or somehow some UV shells moved around.

So i did some tinkering with my UVs and found the issue, it was one of the seams that was screwing up, i changed the UVs, but i still get the same issue, regardless of where my seam is. Perhaps i should check my retopology? maybe re-do it?

edit: Went back into 3D Coat, made new UVs with different seams, filled it with a smart material so i'd have some extra detail. Still have the weird seam, but now on top:

Spoiler

4nDsPAL.png

Perhaps i am screwing something up when baking the normals?

Edited by ScorchedIce