Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Cernos & Adding Multi-shot And Gas Element - Would It Be A Good Thing Or Not?

ZombieLorde91

Question

Before I even begin asking some questions, I only use the Mutalist Cernos with my Saryn Prime for a very few reasons (main one being to devastate Nullifiers if I spot them far away, which is very fun and also very sadistic). I can kill the rest of hordes very, very easily with my build I have going for her. But I feel like I can add a bit more power and synergy with my bow if I changed some things.

To start off, if I add the Multi-shot mods to my Mutalist Cernos, would this benefit me greatly when I need to use it? I feel like having 2 clouds hit a single enemy instead of 1 at a time would greatly increase the DPS it could do but I'm not too sure. This leads me to my 2nd and 3rd questions. If I do Multi-shot then wouldn't it be a great idea to mod it for an additional gas element (since they shouldn't stack but I can't confirm this at the moment)? If not then maybe a combo then? Lastly, if a combo isn't a good idea then adding status duration and increasing base damage then?

I feel like this bow can do some rediculous damage but the way I see it is that it'll take some testing to do so in the 1st place. 2nd part to that statement is how the meta is currently on both PC and PS4, I think people would turn a blind eye to it like they did in the 1st place with Nova (now compared to recent times, it has really changed). I already understand too that this is suppose to be a status bow, not a DPS specific bow like the Dread or Paris Prime is. I would really like to hear the opinions on this to see if I'm getting the best use of of this weapon.

3 answers to this question

funny i build my mutalist cernos for 100% status with primary element gas, multishot and status duration

and it makes it that both the guaranteed toxin proc and the gas proc go off together 

i think it is really fun to spam arrows with this just to see the enemy's slowly dissipate into nothing.

and let those nullifiers dissapear, which are really easy to kill from very far away :)

(i once used it on an accolyte, the damage tics would just not stop until he disapeared, this also worked on sentients :)             )

The Mutalist Cernos combined with Saryn is a hellava combo. Multishot being added will only benefit you more.

It's a underrated weapon that becomes extremely powerful with Saryn. Just as the Glaive does with Ivara. Add in the Pox to your Saryn loadout and be a status beast. Nullifiers will hate you. :D