Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My experience with Void Fissures and Void Relics.

MazinGo

Hello Everyone:

I don't really know if this is the right place for this thread, but here we go. This is my first thread, please be gentle.

I've been playing Warframe for a few years now, is one of my favorite and most played games ever, I got to 1100 hours according to my steam account and I sure as hell enjoyed most of it, however that has radically changed since the introduction of the void relics and void fissures. I have never found a system in any RNG game so frustrating as this one. At first I thought it was great and it sounded very fun on paper, but once I actually started to upgrade keys and try to recruit groups over and over and over... it started to grate me like no T4 exterminate did ever before.

I think the core issue of the new system is this prerequisite void traces grind. I have lost count of how many traces I've used to get rad keys, however I've gotten something decent from my RAD recruiting adventures 2 or 3 times. One can say "well, it's the nature of RNG" thing is, this whole void traces refinement business makes you believe you actually have some degree of control over it, but alas, you can refine 4 AXI G1 and actulally get 4 Nekros prime chassis drops. Sure, the first time I laughed it off and went for the next key, but with each successive unrewarded try, it became extremely aggravating and frustrating, which never happened to me with the old Void Key system monotonous as it was.

What I've actually come to hate more than anything is the process of getting void traces. You can get a random limited amount between 6 and 31 from every fissure run, which you can boost with a resource booster and a Smeeta Kavat charm proc, but hey, not everyone has one of those. I have my smeeta and get a resource booster once in a while, and that is the only way to make that grind tolerable. But when you go in vanilla, well, it is a less than desirable experience. But let's say you submit yourself to that torture and grind 500 void traces, you'll think "man, now I can upgrade 5 keys and get one sweet part or two" And let's not forget that you have to grind the relics as well, just like with the old void key system, and after getting those 5 rare keys and those 500 void traces you get freaking nothing and you have to start all over again. Almost all the parts I've gotten through the new system, have actually been from spamming intact keys to get traces and stuff, and when I actually put those traces to use, I actually get only frustration in return.

What could be done to fix or make this system more tolerable in my opinion would be:

- Make the void traces a normal drop from the corrupted creatures like any other resource, a rare resource if anything. That way you can get into a mission with friends and grind the traces you need, take a Nekros, a Trin and a Pilfdroid and chill untill you have the traces you need and whatever cool stuff drops from there. It would even give us a reason to go to the void other than argon crystals.

1. - Make it so you can't get repeated rewards while on a group with the same radiant key. Getting 4 common rewards from a RAD group feels like a kick in the gut and everyone getting something different would make it easier to get something worth your time, even if it isn't what you're looking for.
  2. - Make it so it wouldn't be totally random. With the actual system you could actually spend 50 rad keys and not get crap, improbable as it sounds, but it is possible. However if the probability of getting a rare reward improves with the use of each successive RAD key, you don't actually feel it is wasted time even if you get a common reward.
  3. - Just tweak the numbers, really. 10% on  rare for 100 void traces feels like nothing.
  4. - Finally, and that's something worth talking about, endless void missions. If you can stay 2 hours form more loot, why not? That would make the grind for certain rare rewards more entertaining.

I have taken breaks from the game once in a while, but I knew I was always gonna come back, however this new void system is really making me feel like quitting altogether. Some of you may think I'm exaggerating but I'm really being honest here. I've loved this game for a long time now, but even logging in feels like a chore, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

I've been thinking about posting this for a long time, so it's not a spur of the moment thing. I think there's many people who think in a similar way to me about this issue and I'd like to get their input as well. I'm sure I'll get many of this crowd who think DE can do no wrong and will go full "Just quit the game then lol" but that's exactly what I don't wanna do. I like Warframe, I really do, but a few months of this system are making me dread logging in.

Thank you for reading this wall of text if you took the time. Sorry again if I posted this in the wrong place and I'd like to here everyone's thoughts on this.

Have a good one!