Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on: Fissure system

(PSN)Yodunheim

I'm sure there's loads and loads of these posts, so here comes another!

I actually enjoy the new system over the old void system; running the exact same tileset was dreadful. Now I get to run through random planets scanning fragments and unlocking nodes along the way. There are some minor issues I come across however...

- Nearly every game there's 1-2 people who can't pick up 10 and it's baffling. Maybe make the reactents 10x bigger with the light beam piercing the skybox. I kid I kid... But it's an issue that happens too too too often.

-When I collect ten it scrambles how many it shows my teamates acquired. I've literally had it say -2 once... C'mon [DE] I desperatly need to know the correct amount they have.

-Cannot pickup reactents whilist sliding or rolling. Which is like 70% of the game. 

-Lith exterminate only spawns about 40-50 enemies and it's literally impossible to get 10 reactents.

- Void traces given is complete rng bs. Ranging from 6 - 30...? I'd love it if it were based off something like who picked them up first; anything but rng.

I'll edit if I remember anything else but overall I really enjoy the new prime grind. A different environment and challenge is a good step imo.

As always, love the game [DE]

Lith exterminates you need to not kill any enemy that isn't corrupted. Not a single one if possible. This will let you get the required 10 most of the time I've found. Also don't rush the mission. If you rush you'll only end up forcing the fissure spawns and you may not have the enemies around the fissure to be corrupted. I generally avoid exterminates for fissures however, I prefer missions that offer the hint of a challenge at least.

And I wholeheartedly agree about the RNG of traces. I very much dislike that one aspect.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

I would add another to this.

In general, the changes that came with Relics vs Endless Ad Nauseum Void Runs aren't unwelcome.

The addition to this analysis however is the new Reactant/Void Traces. WHY IS THERE A LIMIT TO WHAT I CAN PICK UP IF IM NOT USING THEM ON A RELIC?  Yes, all Caps, because this is just stupid and makes no sense either in the lore or from a Game mechanic..... 

Reactant becomes a currency with two uses.  The first is obvious, cracking open relics, for which every player needs 10, which means you need to find 40 for a map, ok fine whatever. 

But its also used to generate Void Traces used for what Im going to call "Relic Evolution" (I apologize if theres already a given name, I don't recall what it may have been).  I actually really like the premise of this Idea.....  BUT.  Yes, a BIG BUT.  it takes 100 of these to make any real notable difference towards claiming the rare items within the relics (Honestly, DE, why did you even bother with the 25 and 50 options?  I genuinely fail to understand this, its so obvious everyone is going to 0 it for less rare items, and 100 it for more rare items). 

So I have to farm 100 Void Traces, to make *ONE* Relic have up to a 1/4th higher chance at dropping....  That means I have to run TEN freaking missions and collect my CAP of 10 Reactant?  Why can I only pick one up?  Its not like Im capped inventory spaces on the things?  Are they radioactive?  Isn't that why I have a seninel Robot Slave?  So I can have it pick them up for me?  Or wait, Im already picking 10 of these up so why can't I pick all 20 that drop for me and my friend up again?  or 20/40 that he and I farm together?  BUT NO!  I have to grind more.  And that wouldn't be so bad, except that now I have to run TEN MISSIONS for the *Pleasure* (Sarcasm), of having a *SLIGHTLY* Higher RNG chance for rarer items from A SINGLE relic (What was this about trying to not make the game so RNGesus Centric DE?  Or are you really having that hard of a time getting away from the RNG-alter?).....  With all the accompanying Loading Times, and mission completion times!  Never mind that there are like 30+ more just SITTING there that I can't pick up for DE ONLY knows why.......  I thought You were trying to make the game more approachable and less RNG?  In my book it counts as RNG when I don't know when I'm going to be able to farm them again because I can't invest the hours upon hours required to farm these to any reasonable practice.....

This all said, If Im missing something here (If there is a way to get say 50 in a go?), please tell me and I'll delete this post.  Until then though, the only way I know how to get these is Farming Relic Missions without a relic, or Alerts, which is just as bad since the Alerts only ever give 10 as well.....  Honestly, the Relic Cap Missions are quicker then the Alerts anyway, though they still have all the same load times..... 

-Kalt