The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Stutter problem

-Mortis

Well well, first what are your specs and that of the others, I have seen that issue before only with a lot of stuff running in the background.
You probably want to check your processes in the task manager and or exit your browsers in the background.

Hope to help you out with good advice.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

On 25.10.2016. at 7:53 PM, TheRoaringLion said:

Well well, first what are your specs and that of the others, I have seen that issue before only with a lot of stuff running in the background.
You probably want to check your processes in the task manager and or exit your browsers in the background.

Hope to help you out with good advice.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Intel Core i7 6700K
16GB 3000MHz DDR4 RAM

Nvidia GTX 1070

Mozilla, Discord, Steam that's pretty much it for programs running in the background.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, -Mortis said:

Intel Core i7 6700K
16GB 3000MHz DDR4 RAM

Nvidia GTX 1070

Mozilla, Discord, Steam that's pretty much it for programs running in the background.

Thanks in advance

As Mozilla firefox is optimized seeing your sys specs are sufficient, I have to ask have you optimized the game cache?

What is the storage medium your game is on and is that defragmented recently if it is a HDD?

Have you had issues in other games?

And have you considered that WF is a little CPU bound too, that if you play CPU intensive matches that your framerate tanks a lot.

I hope to help a little with this already.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

On 29.10.2016. at 10:18 PM, TheRoaringLion said:

As Mozilla firefox is optimized seeing your sys specs are sufficient, I have to ask have you optimized the game cache?

What is the storage medium your game is on and is that defragmented recently if it is a HDD?

Have you had issues in other games?

And have you considered that WF is a little CPU bound too, that if you play CPU intensive matches that your framerate tanks a lot.

I hope to help a little with this already.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Yes, game cache has been optimized
Yep, fragmented it last week and it's on HDD
Yes, same thing happens on other games like GTAV, Rainbow Six Siege ...
Framerate sits above 100 frames at anytime with Fast Vsync on.

Thanks for response

10 minutes ago, -Mortis said:

Yes, game cache has been optimized
Yep, fragmented it last week and it's on HDD
Yes, same thing happens on other games like GTAV, Rainbow Six Siege ...
Framerate sits above 100 frames at anytime with Fast Vsync on.

Thanks for response

as I see it now do you have a different OS SSD or is everything on the HDD because probably windows loves its cache too much and gives you that issue.

Or it could be a good idea to DDU your driver and reinstall that driver because sometimes drivers can be a little bit annoying and one of the factors can be is resolution.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

34 minutes ago, TheRoaringLion said:

as I see it now do you have a different OS SSD or is everything on the HDD because probably windows loves its cache too much and gives you that issue.

Or it could be a good idea to DDU your driver and reinstall that driver because sometimes drivers can be a little bit annoying and one of the factors can be is resolution.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Yea I have OS on SSD and everything else is on HDD. Caches are set to 3-5GB for both.

Uninstalled the crap out of display driver and did clean install on latest, ill test it later, maybe some sort of magic has happened.
I'm running the game in 1080p all set to high with PhysX off, I would understand if I would misbehave while running on DSR but 1080p should be problem for this rig...

It seems that the problem can be somewhat avoided if Warframe.exe priority is set to high, as CreamyGravy suggested that earlier, but thing is that I shouldn't be having this problem in first place.

Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, -Mortis said:

Yea I have OS on SSD and everything else is on HDD. Caches are set to 3-5GB for both.

Uninstalled the crap out of display driver and did clean install on latest, ill test it later, maybe some sort of magic has happened.
I'm running the game in 1080p all set to high with PhysX off, I would understand if I would misbehave while running on DSR but 1080p should be problem for this rig...

It seems that the problem can be somewhat avoided if Warframe.exe priority is set to high, as CreamyGravy suggested that earlier, but thing is that I shouldn't be having this problem in first place.

Thanks in advance

Have you scanned your system with malwarebytes or something else? for virusses because this can be a issue too.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

11 hours ago, TheRoaringLion said:

Have you scanned your system with malwarebytes or something else? for virusses because this can be a issue too.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Yea, twice, got a bit paranoid so I ran 3 different progs.

So after running Hieracon for like 5 times(average 2k cryotic) I haven't experienced the stutter... So I guess video driver reinstall has done it :D
I'll update if something pops up, but at the moment future seems bright!

Thank you very much for help and suggestions and I hope someone will find this use full.

8 hours ago, -Mortis said:

Yea, twice, got a bit paranoid so I ran 3 different progs.

So after running Hieracon for like 5 times(average 2k cryotic) I haven't experienced the stutter... So I guess video driver reinstall has done it :D
I'll update if something pops up, but at the moment future seems bright!

Thank you very much for help and suggestions and I hope someone will find this use full.

Thanks, just like always like to help and suggest what to do and what not to do ;-)

I hope it will stay consistent and not framedrop or stutter.

Chao, The Roaring Lion