Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissures

(PSN)RenovaKunumaru

17 hours ago, Raniu said:

It's not a bug, it's just you joining a public exterminate fissure. Just play with your friends or people recruited from the chat. But if you want to play public, then select a fissure that's NOT exterminate.

If you're really trying to tell me that a game that fails to allow its players to make use of its available features in a way that allow that player to complete its objectives successfully ISN'T Broken?  Or that the player should have to Manage their experience of these features in a way so the Game Can't otherwise Break their experience of its features by default? I guess next time I buy a car that I was told would have tires when I bought it but doesn't have tires when I come to pick it up I guess thats just Hard Cheese too then huh?  Or maybe I should bring my Friends to hold it between them while I make Engine noises and they run along the road with me in the car?  Riiiiiggght......

-Kalt

3 hours ago, Kaltriya said:

-snip-

Where did I say it works as intended? Oh? Nowhere? Good.

I said it's not a bug. It's the programmer's fault rather. It should totally be fixed.

What I meant is that the solution is simple: just don't play public. The issue is not such a big deal that you should want to quit the game instantly.

5 hours ago, Raniu said:

Where did I say it works as intended? Oh? Nowhere? Good.

I said it's not a bug. It's the programmer's fault rather. It should totally be fixed.

What I meant is that the solution is simple: just don't play public. The issue is not such a big deal that you should want to quit the game instantly.

Fair point.

I think this is just one of those issues, that on its own, with a work around as you have pointed out, would be livable on its own.  I think however the overall tone of frustration that people come to these boards with however has more to do with the fact that there are SO MANY Issues like this.  Where the only way to deal with is to use the work around you presented.  Because thats not a solution, its a workaround....  Theres a big difference.  Even if you want to give them the credit of "Oh well, the whole game is still just in Beta", some of these issues have been issues for a very long time.  They frustrate people, even just subtly.  So what we see here is, IMHO, the straws that are so heavy they break the camels back.  If DE started fixing stupid S#&$ like this, because thats exactly what this is, stupid S#&$, in a Coop Game, and this is hardly the first, nor do I doubt that it won't be the last example, of almost this exact problem.  A standard Event ruined because of poor Systems Engineering.......

For example, it used to be, if you spawned into an Exterminate with 5 mobs left, the player would go "WOOHOO!" and take the free and easy payout.  But now to make this new facet of this new system work, you actually have to collect items as a required objective.  But because of this same old issue thats been around basically since launch, DE shoots itself in the foot.....  It never should have been possible for players to drop into an almost completed mission in the first place, its just a cheap and lazy occurence on all sides, Devs and Consumers, and now we have a material reason to get it fixed.....

-Kalt.