Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index Mod Farming Guide + Info

GinKenshin

Question

Hoi Tenno, 

Just thought I'd make a little guide on how to farm these new index mods, plus there's some details that most of you don't know about. so here we go!: 

FRAMES & STRATEGY:

Spoiler

1- Nekros (duh)

2- Hydroid (duh)

3- Nezha/Rhino

4- EV/Hydroid 

The nekros and hydroid are obvious choices. the rhino/nezha (preferably nezha) will act as 'the bank'. this tenno will pick up all the index points (green orbs) and stores them. when the team wants to leave, he simply just banks the points he collected. 

you may ask, why? we can simply collect the points ourselves. I'll answer that later. the ev is optional, since just going full efficiency and collecting the guaranteed energy orbs is enough, so I recommend just getting another hydroid

of course, try to let the hydroid(s) get the kills, but this is endless, so you can kill whenever you want ;D

IMPORTANT INFO:

Spoiler

For the best farming spot, just do Index 1 on the lowest investment. you'll get the smaller map which is the best for farming the mods

The nekros and others should avoid picking up the index points, since these gives nerfs to health/shields and have an energy leech at a certain amount of points. it's no problem if you collect a few, but like I said, try to avoid collecting them

That's where the banker comes in (nezha/rhino), these frames have a 1 time defensive ability, you can cast it and be safe. it'll take a lot of hits until the ability wares off, so you can collect all the index points without having to worry about health/shield and the energy drain

Of course, most of us who will farm this are farming the rare mods, so here's some info about them: 

There are 3 broker/champion groups, each group has 4 brokers, and all 4 have a chance to drop a rare mod. there are 3 rare mods divided between the 3 groups. here's the info about the groups and my personal nicknames: XD

Group 1 (the humanoids):

1- the invisible tonfa girl (invisi-bi***)

2- the multi-weapon moa (WARNING: WE HAS A PENTA!)

3- the mimic-chick (copies your warframe and has dual cestra and obex)

4- the soni-dude (careful of sonicor and serro melee, and he can activates turrets through a panel)

Rare Mod: static discharge (prova)

Group 2 (the robotics): (most dangerous/annoying)

1- raptor 

2- bursa (careful of missiles, and don't touch it's lasers)

3- fire-bomb hyena 

4- nullifiing skate-guy 

Rare Mod: shield charger (sentinel)

Group 3 (the brotherhood): 

1- everyday crewman (ice eximus aura)

2- crewman's big bro skate-guy (fire eximus aura)

3- the brothers' best friend drone master skate-guy 

4- zanuka and traitor helios (aka: their pet and his chew-toy)

Rare Mod: thermagentic shells (detron)

Hope this helps anyone, and if you have more info, please share 

and I know some of (or all) this is mentioned in the wiki, but I thought I'd take a simpler and more entertaining view on it :3

PS: these mods might get removed from the index missions are moved to the future nef anyo boss fight as rewards, like the rathuum and kela mods. so keep an eye on it ;D

Thank you ^^ 

Edited by GinKenshin

2 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

of course, try to let the hydroid(s) get the kills

Hydroid himself don't have to kill with tentacles for additional loot, you just need to catch enemies with tentacles.

It's also better to kill with slash based weapons for additional corpse dismembering. Or you can just shoot corpses with slash based weapons, it works too. Robotic team ruining day again, because all of them except for skate guy sadly can't be dismembered.

I'm pretty sure maps are random regardless of level chosen.  I've been running the lowest level since realising that the teams are random too but still see different maps.

I'd been calling 'Group 1' 'Red Team' (since they are all the ones in bright red and white uniforms that really stand out) but I think their official name from their Moa, M-WAM's Codex entry is 'Zenith Galactical'.

Given that Helios is Corpus tech that we reverse engineered in our labs, surely ours are the traitors and theirs is the one loyal one?