Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some help with stalker scans

Pyroneus_Dawnlight

Question

I've been playing this game for a few years now and I love nearly everything it has to offer, but I've run into something I can't agree with. For older players, we all know you run out of things to do if you play way too much. I started filling out the codex to pass my time, but I've hit a snag: Because of quests, there are some things that are un-scannable. Being unable to repeat the Chroma quest means I can't get the arcane machine, second dream means no more regular stalker, etc. The current status of this, at least from what I've read on the forums, is basically "suck it up, lurk in recruiting chat and hope someone can help you" or "Make another account if you want it so bad." If something has a codex entry, it absolutely needs an easy way of scanning it no matter where you are progress-wise in the game. I say easy because, and I'll use Archwing missions as the example, Helios won't always have your back. Some enemies move too fast and in some missions Helios dies long before you can get him to scan stuff. Shadow Stalker nukes my Helios instantly if his explosive attack lands nearby. Some people don't even get a Helios before they do Second Dream. The point is, we need an easier way of doing this. My question to the forums is, can we possibly set something up where players can ask for newbies or people who don't have certain quests done yet to help them? At least until DE (hopefully) addresses this glaring issue with the codex?

1 answer to this question

16 hours ago, Pyroneus_Dawnlight said:

My question to the forums is, can we possibly set something up where players can ask for newbies or people who don't have certain quests done yet to help them? At least until DE (hopefully) addresses this glaring issue with the codex?

We already have this. It's called Recruitment Chat (in game), or the recruitment forums here. Post for people doing Chroma quest, I'm sure someone will get back to you. Same for Stalker 1.0 .

As for Helios, I have yet to see an enemy move too fast for him to scan as long as the Investigator precept is in the first slot, and I've leaned on Helios to do 97% of my scanning to complete my codex. If your Helios is getting destroyed, level up the cards to give him more health/shields/armor. (will take forma).

You can't use Helios in archwing period (I wish we could though), so for archwing missions, the best way to do scans is use an itzal to turn invisible so the enemy isn't alerted, or have an Amesha in your squad to slow the enemies down.