Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some inquiries about Vulcan Blitz

(PSN)Sawwhet5975

Question

I was playing around with the Jat Kittag earlier when I came across some questions in regards to the Vulcan Blitz and Acid Shells mod mechanics. Just thought I should reach out and see if anyone had any insights into how the mod interacts with a couple factors. 

First question. Do damage multiplier increasing abilities effect the amount of damage that the explosions on these mods deal to surrounding enemies? Like Rhinos Roar, Limbos Rift Surge, or Banshees Sonar, and the 2X damage granted by Novas Molecular Prime. Seems like they shouldn't factor in those abilities at all, but was just curious if anyone had seen otherwise.

Question number two. How do viral procs effect the mods? When an enemy is viral proced, and then killed, triggering one of the explosions from these mods, does it derive the amount of damage from the enemy's health pool pre-viral proc? Or post-viral proc? This makes quite a bit of difference considering the fact that a viral proc halves health, meaning a viral proc could potentially halve the damage of these mods if the explosion damage is derived from enemy health post-viral proc.

Any knowledge on the subject shared would be greatly appreciate. Thank you.

3 answers to this question

I see a Mag with a Jat as a matter of fact, her frame is as red as the sun, and the Valk' in the corner – let no-one ignore her, 'cause she thinks she's the passionate one.

Oh yeah! It was like lightning. Everybody was fighting. And the music was soothing. And they all started grooving... And the Mag at the back said everyone attack and it turned into a Vulcan Blitz. And the Valk' in the corner said "boy I want to warn you it'll turn into a Vulcan blitz." Vulcan Blitz.

...Just had to get that out of my system. To answer your first question, there's no reason Molecular Prime shouldn't double damage, as it doubles the damage enemies take rather than affecting the person holding the hammer. However, I took it for a spin in the Simulacrum and in what little testing I did Rhino's Roar seemed not to affect it – and if that's the case, I'd extrapolate that the other weapon-damage-boosting warframe abilities don't affect it either. Don't take this as gospel though.

1. Damage buffs on our frames do not affect the explosion damage. Debuffs on enemies that make them take more damage from all sources (such as Molecular Prime), however, do increase the explosion damage. In Sonar's case, the explosion does have to hit the weakspot, of course, so it might not be too reliable.

2. To my knowledge, the explosion deals damage based off of original max health pre-Viral proc. I haven't personally tested it, though.